1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone watching The Apprentice?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Flere-Imsaho, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

Is there a box on the application where they ask if people have any common sense and then they reject anyone who says yes?

cissy3 and midnight_angel like this.
  2. xena-warrior

xena-warrior Star commenter

Taping it while I have a lovely soaky bath. So half a yes. Y and half an E.

3. Flere-Imsaho

That Eureka's been leading you astray.

4. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

Recording it! After 10+ years, I am wondering if it will be the usual gang of misfits (at least one Irish, of course) - OMG, Nick is gone! (sobs)....

ps. Mr Sabrinakat is Irish, we moved over from Ireland last year (I studied here, so technically, I moved back)

5. Flere-Imsaho

They don't seem the sharpest knives in the drawer.

6. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I have just started watching it. Interesting leadership styles! The lady from Billingsgate who is teaching them to prep their fish taught me when I did a fish course there.

It appears to be the usual - lots of bull but a lack of common sense.

needabreak likes this.
  7. xena-warrior

I only watch it with the same spirit I watch the cr£tinous halfwits round here struggle with the terribly difficult two-bin system, or spend two days correcting the unspeakable SpaG of the overpaid "professionals"' reports. With incredulous contempt.

cissy3 likes this.
  8. Flere-Imsaho

It's a food task. You'll love it.

9. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

Shockingly poor judgement from Dan!

Loving Claud!

10. xena-warrior

If by loving it, you mean I'll feel justified in my contempt, then tbh I'd rather watch something where I feel ennobled or edified by the (tiny) effort. Not holding my breath, but i am in a spectacularly bad mood at the moment anyway.

11. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

LOVE apprentice as I have a dark side which enjoys watching the arrogant being brought down a peg or two!! ;)

cissy3 and needabreak like this.
  12. xena-warrior

I definitely get that. Though \i did feel sorry for the Physics teacher who was given his marching orders today after less than half a term's chance.

13. Rhoswen77

Rhoswen77 Established commenter

You do realise someone else started a thread on The Apprentice? Before you did.

14. Rhoswen77

Used to watch but it's stupid now. Nick has gone which adds to the stupid.

15. xena-warrior

So you DON'T watch it anymore? Look forward to not hearing from you then. Byeeeee!

bombaysapphire likes this.
  16. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

i'd love to see what is said to them when they do the sound bites that are used as trailers. Do they really believe the bull***t they say?

needabreak, bombaysapphire and cissy3 like this.
  17. maurice-r

maurice-r Established commenter

Never watched it. Alan Sugar hurts my eyes.

18. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

Love it because they always seem so appallingly arrogant and yet usually quite daft. There are two who are local to me this time for added interest. I haven't yet recovered from the £9 salad!

needabreak and Dragonlady30 like this.
  19. Benbamboo

Benbamboo Occasional commenter

The new format they changed it to a few years back just makes it annoying viewing.

"Bring us a business plan and I'll invest £250k into the best business" is the premise. The first guy got fired because he couldn't sell fish to strangers out the back of a van. How is that related to his business plan? I don't mind it being trash TV, but at least have it make sense.

cissy3 likes this.
  20. Rhoswen77

Of course not. It's all hammed up.