1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone using yousrc.com for GCSE Computing?

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by scaredymare, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Can it really be done? Any users out there? It would solve a lot of network issues if so!

2. I haven't, but OCR are very happy for schools to use whatever solution (they OK'd me using App Inventor, although I probably won't in the long run for the A453 tasks).

One caveat, though - beware relying on external services for mission critical work. What if yousrc fold / get taken over / crash? As long as you have a good backup plan then you're fine, but don't go in blind.

If you're having trouble using compilers, etc. in school then would http://ideone.com/ be a solution? You can paste the source code back into Notepad so you're not relying on storing work online.

3. I agree. it might be worth considering using it for a unit in Year 9 to get them prepared for alternative coding principles, along with other mediums.