1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone using twitter for interview prep?

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by Y_Miss, Jan 12, 2011.

1. One of the best ways I have found to get access to the elusive question of what current issues are in education is to use twitter. I only recently discovered how to use hashtagging effectively and have been finding all sorts of great bits of information, advice and opinion to help me formulate answers in my own right.

I should caveat this by saying I still haven't had my interview (8 days to go!) but I am feeling pretty well versed on most things, and confident about the fact current teachers and trainee teachers are the ones advising me.

I recommend searching for #ukedchat and #pgce on twitter. I'm combining doing this with checking tes forums, news and education sites and hopefully you can never be too over prepared!

I wish you all good luck!

2. One of the best ways I have found to get access to the elusive question of what current issues are in education is to use twitter. I only recently discovered how to use hashtagging effectively and have been finding all sorts of great bits of information, advice and opinion to help me formulate answers in my own right.

I should caveat this by saying I still haven't had my interview (8 days to go!) but I am feeling pretty well versed on most things, and confident about the fact current teachers and trainee teachers are the ones advising me.

I recommend searching for #ukedchat and #pgce on twitter. I'm combining doing this with checking tes forums, news and education sites and hopefully you can never be too over prepared!

I wish you all good luck!

3. josiejosie

josiejosie New commenter

Thank you! That's really useful.