1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone using Moodle yet?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Rockmeamadeus, Apr 17, 2012.

1. We have a member of staff who is promoting the use of Moodle. Do any music teachers out there use this yet?

2. We have a member of staff who is promoting the use of Moodle. Do any music teachers out there use this yet?

3. GillP

GillP New commenter

All the time! What do you want to know? I upload all our instrumental timetables onto it for parents to access, accompaniments to choir songs so they can practise at home, our concert performances are on there for them to listen to, we've just had a workshop today on how to upload quizzes we can create. It's great (when you have the time to get things uploaded onto it!)

4. erp77

erp77 New commenter

Yes, all the time!
    Have all worksheets and homework sheets on there.
    Pupils comlete a Music Journal after each lesson to reflect on their work and this gives me an opportunity to record written feedback on their work. (Started out as an exercise to tick boxes for Ofsted but is a really useful tool)

5. I love moodle but have much resistance from older staff who haven't come across it and do not see the benefits of a VLE. It also has a forum where students can ask questions and others can answer them and instant messaging which can provide the facility to do extra lessons in holidays without going in (if necessary). In a previous school all the students uploaded their finished tasks to moodle and it provided a way of storing their work, marking their work (online mark book - you can insert grades and a comment) and you could then track a student's marks over other subjects allowing for better monitoring of progress. Also means if you get an inspection, the team can acsess marks and work at the touch of a button.

6. i the t

i the t New commenter

cant seem to get on to have a look without registering ?
    We use Edmodo across the school and its really helped me with tracking progress and keep everything organised.
    A different page for each class group, I upload performances each week, students can self/peer assess them and upload their own work. I use it to set and mark homework/coursework assignments, award badges etc...

The way forward !