1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone used AA Emergency Home Response?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by msmuse, Dec 14, 2011.

1. msmuse

msmuse New commenter

Hello
    Have had a hellish day all round at school, totally knackered. About 8 this evening my 14yr old daughter spotted a tidal mark of water encroaching across the lounge carpet and we all (daughter, myself and my 15yr old son) investigated. Pretty soon we were paddling in 2 inches of water throughout the ground floor of the house :-(
    I rang the aforementioned insurance company and they faffed big time on the phone. Then they promised an 'engineer' for 10.30pm - eeek, what??? I am knackered and two and a half hours in my book is not an 'emergency' response. Now (almost 11.30) and a phone call later, no show from AA, no water, no hope ad no bloody sleep!!! Anyone else had more luck with them? So ****** off.
    Sorry for the misery emitted.

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

So sorry you are in such a mess- the AA didn't quite match up to their John Cleese adverts then.
    We are signed up with Homeserve. Only had to use them once (blocked sewer drain [​IMG]) - they were very good.
    http://www.homeserve.com/

3. msmuse

msmuse New commenter

Noooo, I love John Cleese but this is very un-funny!!
    A lovely chap arrived 15 mins ago, and so far has destroyed 2 walls of tiles making repairs...and my sleeping daughter will no doubt now be awake (other son has fled to nans). This place is rented and I am now mentally planning my case against their 'it was your fault' claim to cover their backs.... lalalala
    I will certainly try Homeserve from now on as this is ridiculous!
    AND am I now the only person awake here? I am so tired!! And so bored of trying to be happy and awake :-(

4. I hope it is all sorted now without too much mess. I must ask , however, as to why you pay for emergency cover in a rented property? Surely this should be down to the landlord? It is, afterall his pipe that has burst and flooded his property.

5. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Presumably because, at 10.30 at night, it's difficult to get hold of them to negotiate someone coming to mend things before the house is completely ruined?

6. That does not answer the question as to why a tenant is paying £20 a month (over and above their rent) to the AA for cover of someone else's property whether it is 10:30 at night or 9 o'clock in the morning.

7. bnm

bnm

We have the Btitish Gas home rescue (also covers water, electrics etc). They have been good when I called them out. When I had no water they came within the hour.

8. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

My neighbour has home serve and has used them a few times......myself.i can do plumbing so i dont use them....i can respond quicker than an hour!

9. Oldy..I'm in Worcestershire..I have a stuck stop ***....see you in 10 minutes.

10. Hello there, AA here. I am concerned to learn about your experience and I would like to invite you to call our Member Relations team if you would like to discuss any issues further. They can be contacted on 0844 209 0556.