1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone use GlosMaths Levelled-Assessment? (or sim.)

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by mature_maths_trainee, Apr 21, 2012.

1. mature_maths_trainee

mature_maths_trainee New commenter

I quite like these, and want to use them to maximum effect, especially with the less able sets and at KS3.
    I was thinking of giving them (an appropriate assessment) to students 3 or 4 weeks after completing the related topic, and with no 'notice', in order to assess the degree to which they has understood and 'retained' their knowledge of the topic. It would also the act as a quick, effective 're-embedding' of the topic (at least on the questions that each student could then answer). I feel that using them in this way would also help send an implicit message to students that I expect them to remember what's been taught previously.
    I'm currently unsure as to whether to have the papers peer-marked, or to mark them myself. And what 'grading' system to use. [Though I'm inclined to have the students record their grades on these tests themselves too, in their books]
    Has anyone any experience of using the tests in this 'delayed' way?
    I appreciate that how you use these tests probably depends upon what other end of unit, end of term, or other summative tests, you use to complement them.
    Thoughts?

2. mature_maths_trainee

mature_maths_trainee New commenter

I quite like these, and want to use them to maximum effect, especially with the less able sets and at KS3.
    I was thinking of giving them (an appropriate assessment) to students 3 or 4 weeks after completing the related topic, and with no 'notice', in order to assess the degree to which they has understood and 'retained' their knowledge of the topic. It would also the act as a quick, effective 're-embedding' of the topic (at least on the questions that each student could then answer). I feel that using them in this way would also help send an implicit message to students that I expect them to remember what's been taught previously.
    I'm currently unsure as to whether to have the papers peer-marked, or to mark them myself. And what 'grading' system to use. [Though I'm inclined to have the students record their grades on these tests themselves too, in their books]
    Has anyone any experience of using the tests in this 'delayed' way?
    I appreciate that how you use these tests probably depends upon what other end of unit, end of term, or other summative tests, you use to complement them.
    Thoughts?