1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

anyone up for teaching abroad??

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Cez24, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Cez24

Cez24 New commenter

Hiya
    I am in the need of a fresh challenge I think and I want to leave my school next year and teach abroad somewhere.... I am single and going on my own worries me a bit and that is the only thing that is stopping me really (and the fact that I would have to rent out my flat and have no where to put all my stuff!)
    Is there anyone else fancy a new challenge and wants to join forces? Or any tips on applying for posts abroad would be great!!
    Right- let's brush up the old CV...

2. Cez24

Cez24 New commenter

Hiya
    I am in the need of a fresh challenge I think and I want to leave my school next year and teach abroad somewhere.... I am single and going on my own worries me a bit and that is the only thing that is stopping me really (and the fact that I would have to rent out my flat and have no where to put all my stuff!)
    Is there anyone else fancy a new challenge and wants to join forces? Or any tips on applying for posts abroad would be great!!
    Right- let's brush up the old CV...

3. Go for it! I took a career break for 18 months and travelled in Asia, Australia and NZ. I taught in Aust and absolutely loved it, so much more laid back with less paperwork etc etc
    I also went by myself although I have relatives in Aust, it was great to get out of my comfort zone and without a doubt it's the best thing I've evr done!!!!
    Good luck x

4. jubilada

jubilada New commenter

Have you thought about teacher exchange? I think you need 5 years under your belt, but a comparable job is found for you. It is often possible to swap accomodation with your exchange partner and your own job is there for you at the end of the year. Good way to "dip your toes in the water"

5. i'm doing exactly the same - rewrite your cv, redo your portfolio and start applying!
    bring on the warmer weather (in my case anyway)!
    good luck [​IMG]

6. poet

poet New commenter

D'you know what? I could quite easily join forces with you. Where are you thinking of?? There is just nothing keeping me here any more and I really need some pastures new I think....

7. Cez24

Cez24 New commenter

Hiya, L
    I live in Shrewsbury, Shropshire- what about you? post me a message if u want..

8. Go for it! I taught in Kuwait for 18 months and absolutely loved it! I went by myself and although it was daunting at the time once I got there it was fine because lots of other teachers were in the same boat and there were lots of social events to get involved with. Really glad I did it before I settled down and had children because it gives me great memories to draw from and it's good to have an insight into how education is in another country.
    Good luck!

9. just a couple of questions.
    How is Kuwait for unmarried couples. if i went with my girlfriend?
    How is it finding a job back in england for an experienced and expensive teacher like myself.?