1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone teaching GCSE Drama through Eduqas??

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by yammyteacher, Sep 14, 2017.

1. yammyteacher

yammyteacher New commenter

Leading the course at my new school but new to the spec, if anyone fancies a chat/bouncing ideas let me know!

tgagrant likes this.
  2. schnapple

schnapple New commenter

I am also doing the Eduqas spec - currently looking for component 2 ideas - I have a class of 7 girls.

3. tgagrant

tgagrant New commenter

I'm leading the course at my school for the first time. Going to a CPD on Friday 17th in London. How are you finding it so far HollyJemima?

4. yammyteacher

Hi! Finding it okay so far, I am gutted I wanted to attend the course but school budget wouldn't stretch. I am struggling to find anyone locally teaching Eduqas! Would you be interesting in having a chat/sharing resources/moderation?

5. yammyteacher

Hi ! I have just selected scripts for C2 what did you choose in the end?

6. tgagrant

tgagrant New commenter

Hi,

Yep definitely up for chatting/sharing.

7. NikiDoha

NikiDoha New commenter

Hi I do. I am really enjoying it although, the mark schemes have changed from the last WJEC spec and aren't as clear (I don't think).

8. joalviad

joalviad New commenter

Started teaching this in the second time set if the Christmas term. Sharing ideas? Fab plan

9. heulwyn

heulwyn New commenter

I'm new to teaching the course and subject. Does anyone have any suggestions for component 2? I have 12 boys in the class. Can I do Riff Raff with them for component 2 and then DNA for comp 3?

10. bgibson11

bgibson11 New commenter

Hi everyone,

I’m teaching the spec for the second year. I’ve created a few resources on here, including a C3 guidebook and full C3 SOW for ‘DNA’. Take a look if you want a little help! They can be found here- https://www.tes.com/teaching-resources/shop/bgibson11

Plug aside, hollyjemima that’s a real shame you couldn’t attend the course. If you go onto the secure area there are all of the resources including exemplars, resources and PowerPoints they used at last years “Prepairing to Teach” and “The Next Steps” courses.

I *think* I have got my head around the whole thing having attended the courses and working with it for 2 years now so if you would like any help give me a shout.

Hope that helps!

tgagrant likes this.
  11. yammyteacher

Thanks so much for your reply! Your resources are fab thanks for sharing! If anyone fancies a chat/sharing resources find me on twitter @yammyteacher and we can collab!

Thanks!

12. yammyteacher

Fab are you on twitter at all? Don't really use TES much!

13. bgibson11

bgibson11 New commenter

Hi hollyjemima, I've given you a follow on Twitter so we can chat/share. You'll need to give me a follow back though as I have my profile set to private so I can't be found by kids/parents!

Speak soon

14. tgagrant

tgagrant New commenter

Hi, no, don't use twitter I'm afraid. I have insta or just email - tgagrant@gmail.com

15. yammyteacher

Great thanks what's your twitter name?

16. stc225coffey

stc225coffey New commenter

Hi I’m a new head of music and drama with 2 supply’s teaching drama, due to this they don’t do any marking or assessing and I can’t get to their lessons as I am teaching year 11 music at the same time.

A trip was organised to go and see shrek the musical, does any body have any recourses for this production ?
    Also the students are doing hard to swallow for their component 3 again does any one have any resources for this?

I know I’m asking a lot but I feel like I’m letting the kids down as I can’t be with them to teach them so I want to be able to set work that will be essentially useful for their exam and also for their component 2

17. yammyteacher

Hi really sorry I don't have resources for either of those plays as I've not ever taught them. For Shrek there is probably an education pack online to go with the show and there should be lots on Hard to Swallow...

18. NikiDoha

NikiDoha New commenter

Does anyone have any ideas of what they might changethe questions to on the component 3 paper? I can only get them to do so many questions on social class and then costume ideas!