1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone taught B-Tec PE Anatomy M3/D2

Discussion in 'Physical education' started by mickey1, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Hi,
    Just wondered if anyone can help with the criteria for awarding a distinction for d2 - Evaluate how the cardiovascualr and respiratory system work together. Criteria seems vague. What exactly do the pupils have to cover to gain a distinction apart from Gaseous exchange. Any suggestions to assignments pupils could do to achieve the merit/distinction?
    Thanks

2. Hi,
    Just wondered if anyone can help with the criteria for awarding a distinction for d2 - Evaluate how the cardiovascualr and respiratory system work together. Criteria seems vague. What exactly do the pupils have to cover to gain a distinction apart from Gaseous exchange. Any suggestions to assignments pupils could do to achieve the merit/distinction?
    Thanks

3. Hello,
    I´m a Portuguese P.E teacher and doing a reseach about the reasons way in England, you have girls forms and boys forms, during P.E lessons.
    Would you mind to tell me where can I look for this answers or maybe you can tell me the reason. Are they related with body contact? or related with the activities aproppriate for boys and gilrs (Rugby/dance)? phisiology aspects???? or because of all this reasons??????
    I am realy sorry to bother you, but your help can be very important. You know what? here in Portugal we have mix lessons and either female or male P.E teacher take the lesson.
    Sincerely,
    Lina Guarda

4. smiteu

smiteu New commenter

Mickey1
    i agree it is a bit of a vague criterion and probably more suited to undergarduate - there is also no point asking their so called 'ask the expert' person as they simply cut/paste the specifications back to you.
    in regards to the M3/D2 section i would include the following
    The fact that there is no significant increase in lung volume even after training means that the lungs themselves are designed to cope with the vast majority of exercise undertaken, whilst the heart adapts through myocardial hypertrophy showing that for an untrained person (at least) the heart may be a limiting factor of VO2 max.
    For an extremely fit person - saturation of RBC as it goes through the alveoli decreases due to the pressure exerted by the larger heart - this lower saturation is balanced out by the fact that more red blood cells are passed through at a quicker speed, allowing high intensity exercise.
    you could include capillarisation around the newly formed alveloi which wouls allow greater oxygen to be transport which would improve VO2 max and delay OBLA.
    i hope this helps
    e smith

5. Have you read the assessment part of the specification for that unit? (Haven't got it to hand but there is usually some information in there about it).

For Evaluate I would want them to be discussing the pros and cons of a subject and also linking it to specific sporting examples in quite a scientific manner.
    Mainly, I ask students to talk through the path of a oxygen molecule as it works through the body and how it moves from system to system and how they aide each other. I do this for P/M/D and it is usually very obvious which grade to award each from the level of content and detail.
    You could include links to altitude training and why it is done.