1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone starting the PGCE Maths in Bristol (UWE)

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by lhobson89, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Just wondering if anyone is starting the course in September?! Any thoughts and feelings.... Would be nice to know who will be on the course aswell!!

2. Just wondering if anyone is starting the course in September?! Any thoughts and feelings.... Would be nice to know who will be on the course aswell!!

3. Hello!
    I'm starting at UWE too but not on maths, doing Art and Design. I'm terrified how about you?
    I did find this FB group, https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/253608138002660/ , although there are only 4 members!
    I just received a booklet detailing the freshers events, did you? Somehow I think I might steer clear of the 'pyjama pub crawl'.

4. Hi.
    I am sure you have already started now (and possibly don't even have time to check your replies!).
    I started my PGCE Maths and Business at UWE last September but took a break mid-course. I should be back sometime late January (or early February) 2012 ready for the start of placement B.
    I'm feeling even worse than you because everyone else will have had lots of time to get to know each other whilst everyone I know has already passed and gone on to NQT year.
    Luckily I know Alison quite well having done the 6 month SKE course at UWE too and she is really nice and approachable. I also found that any of the other course tutors, even from other subjects are willing to help as well. Finally, make friends with Mandy in the resource centre (she likes chocolate) and John in MICE as they may prove to be life savers!
    Hope to see you next year. I'll be the strange woman in the corner who suddenly appears in all your subject tutorials one day.
    Helen