1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone starting North Tyneside 3 - 7 SCITT in September 2011, would be lovely to hear from you!

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by pmilne1, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I have the assessment day at a school coming up in a couple of weeks. Any advice would be grand :). Hopefully I will see you soon.

2. Hey,

My interview was actually really relaxed. I had mine at Wallsend Jubilee Primary. There were only three of us and they keep it really informal. It's a bit of a cliche but just be yourself, brush up on all your knowledge of ECM and just show your enthusiasm. At my interview the best bit of advice I was given was that if you've got this far they already think you can do it, so prove them right!

good luck and look forward to meeting you.

3. Hi! I am also starting the SCITT in September. I was interviewed at Cullercoats Primary and met such a lovely bunch of people. I really like the fact that we'll be part of a small group of trainees and I'm starting to feel excited! All I ever hear about this SCITT is excellent!

4. Wow, that's great. Yeah I've met a couple of people whose friends have just graduated and they loved it, even though it is hard work. How are you finding the pre course material?
    Look forward to meeting you on 1st September.

Clare

5. Hi, I'm also starting this September! I had my interview at Redesdale Primary in Wallsend in May. Looking forward to meeting everyone and getting started! Trying to work my way through the pre-course tasks so that I don't have to do it all last minute. The part I'll find most difficult I think will be the questions relating to the QTS standards - haven't really looked at that yet!

6. Hi Little Miss,
    Lovely to hear from you. I was a bit scared about the QTS questions but actually on close inspection they correspond to the sections in the QTS standards really well, so I don't think it looks as daunting anymore. The hard bit for me is reflecting back all those years! I'm 29!!!
    well good look and look forward to meeting you on 1st September.C

Clare

7. Hi Clare
    Ok I'll try not to worry about the QTS questions! I've also found it a bit difficult remembering primary school (I'm 26) but I spoke to my parents and they were able to suggest things which helped. Really can't wait to get started - although starting to get some nerves about the workload!
    Lisa

8. Yeah,
    I've got a few friends and family who are teachers and I've been well prepared to live and breathe the SCITT. But they also say this is the hard bit, after the initial training it's plain sailing...fingers crossed the baby boom keeps up and they'll be desperate for EYFS teachers :)
    I found a holiday activity book I did aged 7, I can't believe the difference in the expectations of 7 year olds today. I was just printing no where near joined up writing!!
    Just done some more experience in a local school with nursery and reception and I loved it!!! So hopefully the enjoyment factor and pleasure gained from working with the children will outway the workload!
    See you soon Lisa.

Clare

9. Hey,

how was your interview? sorry it's been a while. Hope you're well and hopefully see you in September.

Clare

10. Hey,

I'll be starting the course in september and am really looking forward to meeting everyone. I had my interview at hadrian Park Primary. I found the QTS questions a bit daunting as well but I think I'm getting there with them.

Vicky

11. Hey,

I don't know if it's much help but I know a few people who've just graduated and they say it's really intensive. I considered going onto a zero hour contract but eventually turned it down so I could fully concentrate on the course...

see you all soon.

Hello Vicky!!!

Clare

12. Hello! Ive told my current jb that I will work a few weekends for them but nothing regular, because by the sounds of it we will have a lot to do! Not long to go now! Vicky

13. Thanks for your advice - I decided to turn down the offer of working in the end, don't want to add more stress to a busy year! See you next week!

14. Hi everyone, I'm a bit new to this forum thing, but saw the topic and thought I would join. My name is Leah and I am also starting the SCITT course next week. I had my interview at Waterville Primary, and met some lovely people there. Looking forward to meeting you all soon.
    Take Care

15. hello
    I am starting in september too. Is that the Clare I met at the first interview and we walked from Howdon metro together at all?
    I finish work on the friday and we start the course the next day so my head is full of work and pre-course tasks. Arggh there is so much to read and take in!!

Excited to meet everyone though!
    Clare

16. Hey Clare!
    Yes, it is the very same Clare who walked from Howdon metro with you! It's great you got in too!
    I finished my job just over a week ago to give myself a bit of time to concentrate on the pre course stuff, really excited, but looking forward to the student loan kicking in as I'm feeling the pinch.
    Hope you're good and not stressing too much. Looking forward to meeting/seeing everyone again soon...This week aghhhhhhh!

Clare xxx

17. Hi all

Just wanted to say I'm looking forward to meeting you all on Thursday!

See you then!

Colleen