1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone remember 'El Tigre'? Or any tiger songs...

Discussion in 'Music' started by TreesK, Jan 3, 2011.

1. TreesK

TreesK New commenter

I know this is a long shot, but....
    Does anyone else remember a song called 'El Tigre' from Time and Tune.... probably around 1971 or 72 ... possibly from the pamphlet called 'La Campanelita'?
    It goes something like -
    Here in the jungle el Tigre
    Silent as nightfall el Tigre
    Dum de dum dum dum el Tigre

Actually that's pretty good, maybe I'll just go with that.
    Sigh. I really want it for our arts week next week. If by a miracle anybody has a copy and could scan, copy, post or other helpful thing, I would be forever in their debt . Any other song or music suggestions? It's all about the Rousseau painting, 'Tiger in a tropical storm.'

2. TreesK

TreesK New commenter

I know this is a long shot, but....
    Does anyone else remember a song called 'El Tigre' from Time and Tune.... probably around 1971 or 72 ... possibly from the pamphlet called 'La Campanelita'?
    It goes something like -
    Here in the jungle el Tigre
    Silent as nightfall el Tigre

Actually that's pretty good, maybe I'll just go with that.
    Sigh. I really want it for our arts week next week. If by a miracle anybody has a copy and could scan, copy, post or other helpful thing, I would be forever in their debt . Any other song or music suggestions? It's all about the Rousseau painting, 'Tiger in a tropical storm.'

3. I don't know the song myself but a quick Google revealed a powerpoint from Coventry music service with the rest of the words:

Verse 1:
    Deep amongst the ocean of treetops,
    Shimmering in the sun,
    Where the trail is hooded with shadows,
    Vine stems like cobwebs spun.

Chorus:
    Watch for his coming?El Tigre!
    Silent as nightfall?El Tigre!
    Swifter than sunflash?El Tigre!
    Lord of the Jungle?El Tigre!

Verse 2:
    When white herons soar on the sunrise,
    Snowflakes in lemon sky,
    Bright lagoon reflected in silver,
    Day-dream flamingoes fly.

Chorus

Verse 3:
    Lost beneath the black mask of midnight,
    Choirs of frogs sing ?Kuark!?
    ?Chirp? and ?chirp? of tambourine insects,
    Parrot scream, vibrant dark.

Chorus....

Hope this helps if you can remember the tune

Dredging through my memory of "popular song" uncovers only "The eye of the tiger" and "Tiger Feet"....

4. Sorry about the lack of formatting there...

5. Hi
    There is a song about called When the Last one's Gone by Debbie Campbell. I think its in the collection Right to Survive. a sad, short but touching song that my yeasr 5s have enjoyed singing. Music Room have it in stock.

6. Singbook has a song based on the William Blake poem ... lots of echoes, and you could skip the more difficult bit if necessary.

7. TreesK

TreesK New commenter

1stviolin I am in awe... I thought I'd googled it exhaustively!
    Hm, as you see my memory of the words was at best patchy. I now realise I can't remember the tune of the verse at all.
    I have discovered you can buy it in a book of Time and Tune songs - its by Douglas Coombes. Not sure it would arrive in time. Well, maybe someone will find it for me tomorrow [​IMG]
    Thanks all for the other suggestions and ideas - I'll have a look. I like the sound of a bit of William Blake.
    Haha exactly what we came up with today.

8. TreesK

TreesK New commenter

Nobody?
    Hm let's try Primary...