1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone pregnant/has a baby but on temp contract or supply?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by becky70, Apr 10, 2011.

1. If so, just wondered what you were doing about going back to work - that is if you intend to go back.
    I'm on a fixed term contract which would expire during any maternity leave I had if I were lucky enough to conceive. Just wondered how others have managed this situation.

2. Meeeeee!
    I worried, a lot, but it's all worked out alright in the end. We have been really skint since bubs was born but we are so so happy and I wouldn't change a thing. Spending money on handbags or cinema trips or weekends away seems so trivial now.
    My little man is eight months old and I am thinking about getting back to earning. I am going to supply for now but I am in the process of becoming a registered child minder. I just can't face leaving him every day. Some people can, I can't.
    Good luck though, I hope you get your good news soon.
    MrsD

3. Thanks, Mrs D. Good luck with becoming a childminder - hope you can get registered quickly.
    Ironically, I have gone a long way to getting back into teaching full time - been on contract for a while now but still only temp. Hoping for a permanent contract one of these days. Do miss supply sometimes as it was a lot more freedom and a lot less paper!