1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone ploughing through their reports today?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by kateyp, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Handed in!! Yay!!!! Until she returns them for corrections that is! Finishing updating APPs this weekend, then can start to think about moving rooms!
    20 days to go!!!!!

2. I'm back!
    Trying to make this my last day of report writing hell. Have now done all my final assessments so can do my literacy and maths comments and targets. Going to crack on and get them done so can spend the evening clebrating!
    Keep going everyone - the end of term is in sight (25 teaching days to go for me!)

3. Typically have left it until the last minute!
    All of Literacy, Numeracy, Personal and Targets to do today. Joy of joys.
    On the plus side, at least the weather is postiviely ****

4. Argh can I join the misery?!
    I spent all last wkend and now this wkend doing them. Grrrrrrr!!! Gonna be a looooong day! x

5. Sillow

Sillow Lead commenter

I was stressing, thinking mine were due in to the Head yesterday. They're done, just need to do targets as did assessments last week and was waiting to mark before adding targets. However, found out they're not due in 'til next Friday, yay! Am going to take my time with the last little bit, do some every day and not worry about it too much.

6. I am so bored!! Sillow, I am thinking that I might put mine in my diary a week earlier next year - I would love to have them mostly done by now! Well done!

7. Sillow

Sillow Lead commenter

I spent 2 days going through them all during half term, first thinking they all had to be done for the Monday we returned. But it was only 3 that needed handing in for a quick check, so could feel smug that had done them all anyway! So I actually got the date wrong twice, but it feels so worth it now! I found it much easier to manage once I had several word documents of possible lines to include for English, Maths, Science and ICT. It was then just a question of cutting and pasting relelvant to the child!
    Good luck with it all, Marshmallow! You'll get through it. Allow yourself screen breaks and some chocolate!

8. I have had lots of chocolate - and am out of it now!!! So im opting for wine and pizza now instead me thinks!! At least this time next week it will all be over for another year! Hurrah!

9. Grandsire

Grandsire Senior commenter

Feels a bit cheeky to post on here, but I just had to tell someone and the cat isn't remotely interested...
    I'VE FINISHED!!! YEEEEE-HAAAH!!!
    Took a lot less time than usual - new report format reduces foundation subjects to an ABC/1234 judgement. Unfortunately, that meant I felt I could leave getting started until later - they're actually due in tomorrow, but I'm now waiting on colleagues to finish the bits they have to do...
    ....Still, I'M FINISHED!!!!!

10. Me too - WOOOOOOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Well done :) x

11. I am a reports manager these days and the difficulty of my job is in direct relation to how many mistakes teachers make writing theirs.

13. Sarah, John and Linden are all spammers who only seem to post links to the same report programs over and over again! Moderators please will you ban them and remove all the offending posts?