1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone own one of these?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by tartetatin, Apr 11, 2012.

1. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

http://www.gtechonline.co.uk/sw02-cordless-floor-sweeper.html
    Hello everyone
    I live in a 3 storey house and have 3 young children, a cat and an on/off dodgy back ... and I'm fed up of lugging my bulky Henry hoover up and down the stairs for small spillages.
    I've been toying with the idea of purchasing a lightweight, possibly handheld vacuum cleaner, for 'in between' cleans but many are pretty expensive and not small enough to fit the purpose.
    So I saw this and thought it sounded ideal. Reasonably priced, free delivery and extended warranty, cordless, lightweight, good reviews, etc.
    Just wondered if anyone owned one and if you'd recommend. Thanks.

2. Hi. Yes, I've got one and it's fabulous. I use it to whizz around every day (I only vac' about once a week now) and it picks up loads of hair etc. In fact, I'd say it's better than my vac' for getting hairs out of the carpets. As for stairs - it's amazing and so easy and efficient.
    I've had mine for a few months now and my Mum was so impressed that she's been and got one as has her friend.

3. NQT to be

NQT to be New commenter

Hi

I've got one and find it very useful. It's very light and does a good job of picking up a few crumbs.

4. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

Thanks very much to you both!
    Poeme, they do seem particularly popular among the elderly and disabled.
    I reckon I'll go ahead and order one. Feeling a bit goggle eyed after also checking out the Bissell website [​IMG]. I tend to go a bit overboard when it comes to product research as I hate wasting money!

5. cissy3

cissy3 Star commenter

Wish I did.
    I hate dragging blinkin vacuums around too, so I bought a cheap one for upstairs, and kept my trusty ancient Vax for downstairs. Big mistake. The cheap one merely sniffs at the dust and hair etc.
    So this gadget interests me. Especially the cordless bit. I hate getting tangled up in blinkin cords! But the last time I went 'cordless' was with one of those mini dustbuster type things, and it lost power after a quick swoosh!

6. Ahhh - I want one now; I am in rare cleaning mode and have just scrubbed the cooker, floor and walls behind the cooker.... :)

7. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

You can come to my house anytime, phoebe14 . . . . . . followed the link and the gadget does look rather quite good . . . . but had to laugh at the cliched, almost surreal, video footage (it was almost 70's); woman dressed to kill in high heels and perfect make-up (yeah yeah, like anyone does their housework looking like that), man homely but handsome in sensible brogues and smart, casual clothes (didn't see him using the gadget, mind you we didn't see her either; so, a gender neutral activity) . . . .I didn't have the volume on btw, maybe the discussion was highly informative . . . .but the house it was filmed in was obviously uninhabited
    *slinking off to see what other threads I can over think*

8. blazer

blazer Star commenter

We have one. We then bought them as presents for the in laws and our son and his wife.

9. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

But was the gadget any good? [​IMG]

10. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Yes otherwise we wouldn't have invested in the other 2!

11. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Unless you disliked your relations of course!

12. ljr

ljr New commenter

Yes do buy one - they are really good. We bought one for our caravan, but in between trips I now use it in the house as it save getting the big vac out & is almost as good.

13. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

Thanks again everyone. I felt reassured enough by the responses on here to buy one [​IMG]

14. How are you getting on with the new vacuum cleaner tartetatin? I could do with a light one to carry up and down stairs easily.

15. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

Hi norcot. It's very good, I have to say. Good that is, on hard floors. I wouldn't especially recommend it for carpets (bearing in mind that it's an electric sweeper and not an actual vacuum cleaner). The external unit gets a bit dusty on doing the carpets, which makes me question the overall hygiene, if not all the dirt is being collected inside.
    It's great on hard floors and saves me manually sweeping all the kids' crumbs and things. Very lightweight, quick and easy to use too. Ideal for our 3 storey house. I tend to use it downstairs where all the hard flooring is.

16. Is it any better than a Ewbank?

17. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

No idea, Pobble. I've never used any other sweepers so can't compare. I just know that it compared favourably in the (independent) reviews I read before buying.
    As far as I know, the Ewbank and Bissell sweepers aren't electric, whereas this one is. That's not necessarily an advantage though, as the Bissell comes with a lifetime warranty and the Ewbank boasts cleaning to rival that of a proper vacuum cleaner ... all without the need to charge up or use electricity!

18. Thanks tartetatin. I think I'll look for something that is good on carpets. Perhaps even a small vacuum cleaner to keep somewhere upstairs. My Dyson is far too heavy!