1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone out there using prezi?

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by veh01, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Hi there, Prezi is an amazing tool! I used it for a presentation on TD specifications to my HOD and he was very impressed with it! So far, I have not had the time to incorporate it into my lessons, as it takes quite a while to prepare and.... I've noticed that it's a bit of a challenge to write on top of it when teaching (or bringing the children up to the front to write on it...etc) - however if you figure out a way of doing this, please let me know! All the best and sorry I wasn't much help.

2. brewer86

brewer86 New commenter

I've had a play with it, but I didn't really like it for lessons. I tried a few quick fire style revision lessons, which it worked quite well for, but for "proper" lessons I found it was lacking. Still I think if I have to use it for a presentation to "real" people then I'd probably use it over something like Powerpoint.

3. Thanks, that's pretty much what I was thinking. I'm planning to use is to show an example of a mind map, and I would also consider using it for a "presentation" presentation, but I can't see it for general lesson use.

4. dav1970

dav1970 New commenter

Please let me know if anybody is using it in lessons, specifically Primary. I reckon this could create the 'Wow factor' however, I'm not a fan of 'death by powerpoint' and prefer to use other visuals when introducing a lesson.

Thanks
    D