1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone organised a school newspaper, written by pupils for pupils?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by mamatotombili, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Would love to see a school magazine, as it is something that really interests me!! If anyone has been sent one and could forward it to me please I would be really grateful.
    Many thanks

lisamarie310883@yahoo.co.uk

2. I know this thread is a couple of years old now but could I possibly have a copy of your newspaper too please? It's obviously very popular! [​IMG] I'm starting a newspaper club with some year 6 pupils. If you could forward it to me, I would be very grateful!
    ali_cs83@yahoo.co.uk
    Thank you!

3. This is something I've thought about for a while, but not been sure how best to organise it. Lower KS2 or Upper KS2 or a mixture?
    If it's possible can anyone send me some tips, examples etc.
    thanks

sparklyteacher1 at hotmail.co.uk

4. Hi,

I am a professional journalist and have been producing a termly school newspaper at Northern Primary School in Bacup, Lancashire, for four years. I work with about 8 pupils from yrs 3 to 6 and it has been a tremendous success. We are nowon issue 13!
    Now I have left the journalism world, I work for myself and produce school newspapers as an enrichment programme. I have two School News schemes - one to product a four-page A5 paper in a day with Yr5 or Yr6 and the second to produce a 16-page A5 paper in a week at a primary involving the whole school. I have also produced a 12-page A4 newspaper at a high school.
    My website is catherinesmyth.co.uk or email catherine@catherinesmyth.co.uk
    Hope this is of use
    Catherine

5. I'd really like some more information on setting up a school newspaper - would one edition per half-term be too little on an hour per week? Thought I might start with that and see what happens.
    Any advice, or anyone's experiences, would be great (on here, or by email)!
    Thanks!
    hollyv71@hotmail.co.uk

6. Can anyone recommend good software to use? I'm doing this as an extra-curricular club and I'm not so confident with publisher, although I could learn...

7. nqt_is_tough

nqt_is_tough New commenter

Crikey what a great thread! Although I'm hoping still relevant...
    If anyone has one they could send me, that would be great- rhi.jarvie@gmail.com
    Thanks v much

8. johnjord

johnjord New commenter