1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

anyone off to teach in Bangkok?

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by Cez24, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Cez24

Cez24 New commenter

Hi,
    | am busy getting ready to go off to Bangkok to teach in August time. Really nervous but is this normal? It's my first time teaching abroad and I want to be as prepared as possible. Is there anyone else that has been there or about to go out teaching? Any advice would be great- things I should definately bring with me and things that are cheap to get out there....
    I would love to travel when I can to the gorgeous beaches Thailand has to offer, can anyone recommend any good places?
    How easy is it to make friends there??
    Cheers x

2. Hi I have a new job in Bangkok but also know Thai beaches really well so can advise.

There are many beaches and islands to visit and travel to close by countries is cheap too. PM for more info.

3. Hi Cez,
    I've been out here six years now and I'm sure you'll love Thailand. I think it's natural to be nervous about anywhere new, but Bangkok's got everything you'll need, so don't worry about bringing much with you; everything is cheaper here, apart from cheese and Marmite :)
    I live near one of the beaches about an hour outside Bangkok, so feel free to message me if you need any advice.

4. Do you know anything about the 'getting ready' establishment there in the capital? There are jobs coming up there and I'd like to head closer to home (Australia). Appreciate your help.