1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone moving to Spain this summer?

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by senoritacorazon, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Hola

I am moving to Spain in August to start a new job and was hoping to get in touch with other people in the same boat !

2. Hi. I'm moving to spain at the end of August to start a new job too.

I'm going to Navarra. How about you?

3. Im going to Sevilla! Havent booked,planned, or done anything. Im a bit overwhelmed! Hopefully a group of us can share tips and news!

4. Sounds great. I'm sure there will be others.

I love Sevilla though I've only been once. And Cordoba. You're very lucky.

I've never been to northern Spain so I'm very excited!

5. Looks like it's just us dijiste!

6. Surely not. There must be more...

7. I am not moving to Spain this summer but I am considering moving in the near future. I would love to hear your experiences about it. How did you get to find out about your jobs? was it through the TES? Are working conditions in Spain OK?
    Maybe you could give me some advise?
    Gracias and Buena Suerte!<strike></strike>

8. Well, I'm going to be working for the British Council/Spanish Ministry of Education Bilingual Project. I think they advertise in the TES in about Feb/March.
    I was told about it by my tutor at my uni (just finished PGCE Primary). I think they also have jobs in secondary schools if that's your background. You could be placed in any of their schools when you first go, though you can state a preference and they will do their best.
    I'm not sure if you're allowed to post links here, but the website for the project is easy to find if you google it. There are also quite a few threads about it here on Teaching Overseas. Project schools are bilingual and you teach in English as a native (or near-native) speaker.
    This job is in the state sector, and I hear the conditions are pretty good. In the private sector I think it depends on the school you apply for.
    Are you working in a British school at the moment then, and fancy a change?

9. Hey guys :)
    Im also fingers crossed that is, moving to madrid this sept to teach in an international school, would be great to chat with people that are also moving! have just graduated from my pgce :)

10. I'm moving back to Spain after 10 years to teach in an International school near Barcelona. I loved teaching and living in Spain before and cant wait. I was in Malaga before. Been to several countries to teach but Spain was the best, although the money is not as good as 'Overseas" the way of life is better.