1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone moving out to Brunei this August? Courier advice plse!!

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by brownie1, Mar 16, 2011.

1. brownie1

brownie1 New commenter

Hi
    Am in Brunei, did you want a courier for sending documents? Any questions ask away

2. Hello Brownie1! I was looking for advice on relocation companies who can ship our stuff over there. I guess, given we have 2 young kids and all their bits and bobs, we will probably need a container. Any suggestions of who to go with or who to avoid??

3. bbibbler

bbibbler New commenter

My advice would be to avoid a container, take as little as possible with you.

Keep an eye on what toys the kids actually chose to play with and only take those.

I always take one large suitcase when I change schools/countries. I use my shipping allowance to send all the stuff I have bought back to the UK.

4. brownie1

brownie1 New commenter

I think it depends on the person as to how much they want to take, I always end up bringing things i didn't need and leaving things that i miss.
    Shipping is expensive so consider carefully as the previous poster said. I have used sevenseas in the past both for air and sea. It is possible to Brunei without to much hassle, they were very efficient.
    You can get most things here but special toys may be hard to replace. Depending on the school you will get furnished accom with all the basics and you will want things to make it feel like home. Also remember Singapore and KL are very close for shopping trips. Any specifics ask away.

5. Hi Scigirl,
    I work for a relocation company in the UK and I can recommend some expert international removal companies. You can contact me on lfinney at hcr.co.uk. I will be happy to help :)