1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone looking for a horse?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by BelleDuJour, Mar 24, 2011.

1. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Probably a stupid place to ask but here goes.
    I have 3 horses. It's really two too many but I'm a soppy mare so have edded up with 3.
    One has to go and I am offering him free to a good home.
    He is 16 years old, 17hh (yes, a big boy) TB and has no vices. He's a real pussycat and a true gentleman. Needs a kind but experienced rider. I am only letting him go because at 5'1 he really is too big for me and I don't have the time to ride him. Everyone where I live has horses so I can't find anybody to ride him here.
    Comes complete with tack and rugs.
    PM me if you are interested or know someone who might be.
    I can deliver him within a reasonable distance of Hampshire.

2. We've already got two! In my opinion we have two too many already!
    I think I know someone who may be interest though. I'll speak to them sometime today and get back to you.

3. BelleDuJour

Wow....thanks! Off to school in a mo but will check on my return.
    He's a real honey....honest!

4. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

I would be interested, but i can never eat a whole one!

5. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

Are there no retirement homes for horses?
    Won't he miss his mates?

6. BelleDuJour

He's nowhere near retirement and no, he won't miss his mates. He's a horse and he'll make new mates FWIW.

7. I really wish I could afford to keep him for my daughter. He is one lovely horse! PS There is an equine thread on the Archer's website - 'The Bull'. I know ... sad, sad, sad ... but another forum to consider?

8. impis

impis New commenter

Oh, I'd love to take him but i've no where to put him.
    Plus - i know how expensive it is to take care of a horse and i don't think I can afford it. If I'd been younger.......................
    I hope he gets a lovely new home with people who are kind to him. x

9. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

It is worth a bit actually. I see single horses looking despondent most days. I cannot recall ever seeing a bunch looking longer faced than normal.

10. Horses all look pretty long faced to me ;)
    (that was my pathetic attempt at a joke, lol)

11. I'm down to one myself these days and it's far more manageable and probably when something happens to her I doubt I will have another I just dont have the time I need for her these days sadly :(

12. I've just spoken to the person who I said may be interested in having your horse.
    Turns out she's being totally put off of the idea and doesn't want horses anymore!
    Sorry about this! My OH loves horses but I understand they can be hard work to look after!

13. BelleDuJour

Darn it.......she'd have loved him!

14. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Lead commenter

i have just left a message for some one up north to enquire for you.but no promises
    as for e.i dodn ttnk they would let me keep him on the allotment,and east londin isnt really condusive to horse riding..even along canel pathes lol.
    Beside last mare i sat astride was willing but couldnt take the weight lol
    and i dont fancy males anyway..the last one in germany nearly killed be as i forgot it didnt understand english!

15. BelleDuJour

He'd take your weight Oldie and you'd love him! Thanks for helping.
    Someone must want a free horse to love [​IMG]

16. bizent

bizent Lead commenter

I've asked the OH Belle. He's making some enquiries.
    Horses terrify me but his daughter loves them lol

17. I hope you find a good home for him Belle. It's a <u>very</u> long shot but my daughter rides, and as she goes to the local stables quite a lot and knows quite a lot of 'horsey' people (if you know what I mean) I'll give her a few flyers to stick up with the horse's stats and my phone no.on them. I can pass your details on if anyone responds.

18. BelleDuJour

Thanks AE. By all means go ahead.

19. bizent

bizent Lead commenter

I've forgotten when it is....?

20. BelleDuJour

13th April.