1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone left Teaching for an Admin job in a school?

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by Exit3, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Exit3

Exit3 New commenter

Hi :)
    I am part time (2 days per week) as a Teacher. I am finding that I am in reality working 40 hours per week (with PPA at home on top). I also find teaching stressful and am fed up frankly of the never surmountable workload. As a lone parent to a very young child I find attending things like Parents' Evenings difficult - and distressing due to having already been at work all day and not seeing my child. I live approx. a one hour commute from the school. My car is on its last legs (wheels) and I am not sure I can afford a new one - or even want a car as where I live it is on-road parking in a road where it is difficult to find a space. I have seen advertised a full time (37 hours/week) admin job in a school office. The school is walking distance. I like the idea of a clock-in/clock-out job with no work to bring home and less stress. The pay is what I am getting for 2 days per week as a Teacher. I think I will apply for it. Just wanted to hear from any Teachers out there who left teaching for a similar admin role. How have you found the switch? Would you recommend it? Would schools look at someone like me? Any pointer on how to ace the interview and application letter? Many thanks x

designs likes this.
  2. nervousned

nervousned Senior commenter

No experience I'm afraid but wishing you good luck

3. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

I've not done it, but know someone who did. She loves it and wouldn't swap back for all the world.