1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone know why Realplayer won't download anymore?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by ShadowMan, May 20, 2012.

1. ShadowMan

ShadowMan New commenter

If I hover over videos, on youtube for example, the little download button does not show anymore.
    I have been into preferences and checked that the download buttons are all selected. I have deleted and re-installed the latest version. But nothing.
    I tried installing Orbit - that would download but not play anything.
    I often use 'saveyoutube' which is quick and easy but would like the realplayer thing to work so that I can save from other sites too.
    Any ideas?
    Explorer 9.

2. ShadowMan

ShadowMan New commenter

Ever had one of those days when absolutely nothing works on your PC.
    Now saveyoutube will not work.
    I have now tried 'anytubedownloader.com' - this appears to work but does not save the video anywhere on my harddrive. According to their instructions, it creates a file called anytube in your downloads file.
    Nope.
    Zilch.
    Nothing.
    Please help.

3. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

I don't use Explorer, so can't give advice specifically, but I do find that Firefox sometimes refuses to cooperate with various plug-ins following an update. All you can do is wait for them to get it together with each other and sort out the incompatabilities.
    Or you could go onto the FAQs of RP etc

4. I had this problem when updated explorer - try going into settings (the wheel type picture) in explorer - then 'manage add ons' and enable real player.