1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone know when the new EYFS will be published?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by giraffe77, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Basically, as the title suggests........
    [​IMG]

2. Wotworklifebalance

Wotworklifebalance New commenter

As far as I'm aware there is no date for a new EYFS. The fuss and bother earlier in the year was about a report into the EYFS which made some suggestions. Those will be considered and may, or may not, be incorporated into changes to the EYFS as some future date.
    Don't hold your breath ...

3. The latest I heard from EY people in my LEA is that it will potentially be published in March 2012 in order for training and support to be given so it can be rolled out September 2012.
    But as the above says, it might not!

4. Ibuzzybea

Ibuzzybea Occasional commenter

The consult came out 6/7/11 we have till 30/9/11 to comment!!!

5. Ibuzzybea

Ibuzzybea Occasional commenter

Consult came out 6/7/11 we have until 30/9/11 to comment, so we've all got weekend/ holiday reading!!!

http://www.education.gov.uk/consultations/index.cfm?action=consultationDetails&consultationId=1747&external=no&menu=1

6. Our LA has said Sept 2012 for implementing it too.

7. Interesting document (well, interesting-ish)!
    The last appendix is the 'profile'....is this the profile reception teachers will have to fill out, and report to the LA, or is the main EYFSP staying the same? I was a little confused by this, and it will have quite an impact on ICT-based tracking systems, as they will have to update very quickly!
    Will make predicting Y2 levels even more difficult too surely!? (even though I know we're not supposed to use the EYFSP data to do this anyway!)

8. the "slimmed down" profile is mostly the same as we have now but there are 3 or 4 points squashed into one!

9. Msz

Msz Established commenter

The profile looks less work but appearances can be deceptive

10. My thoughts exactly Msz! I did get my hopes up when reading the class ratios until I got to Reception class sizes. [​IMG] Fortunately I do have a full time TA but how anyone manages on their own escapes me.

11. the eyfs profile will change and be slimmed down - teachers are expected to make judgements for example are children / emerging / expected / exceeding - 17 areas
    It is out for consultation until the end of September
    New document published in the Spring
    Legal implementation from September 2012
    As i have stated in another thread - where is the pre 24month section? i have 3 year olds in Nursery who are still working within the pre 24 months development bands ...

12. Msz

Msz Established commenter

I've already completed the consultation and yes there are fewer areas in the profile but everything that was in the previous 117 are there X3 lots of evidence? [​IMG]