1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone know what term FKS means?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Lara mfl 05, May 20, 2011.

1. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Suddenly a whole host of jobs advertised today, among which is a post for 'proven track record of successful FKS practice''. Presume I wouldn't therefore qualify but, just in case, can anyone help?
    I've tried a search enging & looking on the school's website , but no joy! And by the time I'd found out at home that I could apply as it's been advertised nationally, it was too late to phone the school- annoying as I'd seen it on an internal memo in school but as supply, not normally allowed to apply!

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Never seen it.
    But could it be a new invention: Foundation Key Stage?
    Does that make sense in the context?
    Best wishes

TheoGriff. Member of the TES Careers Advice Service.

I
    do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the
    Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive
    summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really
    appreciate.

The Job Seminars are all sold out, I'm afraid, but Julia is planning some more later on.

A new SLT seminar is available now on 22 May <u>www.tesweekendworkshop32.eventbrite.com</u>, and another is planned for 18 June.

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.

Look forward to seeing you!

3. Lara mfl 05

Thanks for the reply Theo. But in our LA they usually refer to EYFS as Foundation years.
    In a google search I've come across Friendship, Kindness, Sincerity, so I was wondering if it was some 'Special Education' terminology? The post is also for Year 3, so not Foundation stage.

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Yes, that's what I've always heard used.
    So it's a local school to you? And using some jargon that you don't know? Weird!
    Future Kids School is the only other education-linked thing that comes to mind. It's not in here
    https://www.tes.co.uk/article.aspx?storyCode=6000102
    Nothing else to suggest, I'm afraid.

TheoGriff. Member of the TES Careers Advice Service.

I
    do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the
    Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive
    summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really
    appreciate.

The Job Seminars are all sold out, I'm afraid, but Julia is planning some more later on.

A new SLT seminar is available now on 22 May <u>www.tesweekendworkshop32.eventbrite.com</u>, and another is planned for 18 June.

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.

Look forward to seeing you!

5. I think that 'Foundation Key Stage' is correct - I found a reference to another school with a "FKS/KS1 class. That one was in Solihull.
    My best guess, anyway :)

6. Now also found this:

"A Class Teacher with TLR minimum for Lead on Learning in Foundation Key stage and Key stage 1 is required for September 2011."
    (Vacancy advertised on another site so I guess I can't post a link [​IMG])

7. Lara mfl 05

I'm beginning to wonder if it IS Foundation Key Stage after all. There are in fact 2 jobs at the school & on the LA site no year group is mentioned, whereas on a national site it mentions Year 3, so perhaps they've muddled up the two posts?

8. Turns out that if you search for FKS in the forums, you'll find references to it - mainly in Early Years.

9. Lara mfl 05

Thanks, Jazz & Theo, for answers, suggestions & links. I'm now pretty sure two posts have become 'mixed' as it's unlikely to have 2 Yr 3 jobs at the same school, would assume they'd move another teacher so not both new to the year. Will phone on Mon however!