1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone know of good examples of teaching CVs?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by dominant_tonic, May 24, 2011.

1. dominant_tonic

dominant_tonic Established commenter

Hi all. Just that really. For once I have come accross an advertised post that wants a CV instead of filling in all the same info on every form, but I have never done a teaching CV per se. Does anyone know of any good online examples where I can just check mine against them and make sure it is on the right lines?
    Thanks. [​IMG]

2. dominant_tonic

Hi all. Just that really. For once I have come accross an advertised post that wants a CV instead of filling in all the same info on every form, but I have never done a teaching CV per se. Does anyone know of any good online examples where I can just check mine against them and make sure it is on the right lines?
    Thanks. [​IMG]

3. I was going to post a link, but then I figured if I could find something on google in 20 seconds you could too...[​IMG]

4. dominant_tonic

Yeah - thanks for that, it was just the sort of help I was looking for.
    On the other hand, I specifically asked for a good example. Not having ever been asked for one, and not ever having seen one, I wanted something to check against to make sure my idea of a good teaching CV was inline with other peoples.

I will leave now and google to my hearts content, safe in the knowledge that everything I find on the internet is indeed as good an example as it claims to be.
    Thanks

5. Nah - what you were looking for was someone to do the work for you.
    I found two good examples within seconds of searching. You can too.

6. dominant_tonic

Where do you get off being so judgemental?
    Thanks for clarifying that, I was so unsure of what I was thinking myself it really helps to have someone clarify my thoughts for me. I really thought that I was asking for someone to come on and aomment on a good CV they had seen somewhere or a poor CV they had seen somewhere. I thought then that I could look at the CV I have prepared and check it against these as I would really like my first CV application for my first NQT post to be halfway decent.
    While in actual fact, what I was doing was asking other people to write my CV for me/asking other people to spend hours trawling the internet and post links here. Glad we sorted that one out.
    I have loads of time on my hands atm, and have loads of CV links that I have looked at. I could post them all here so people can click on them and give feedback - but stupidly I thought that would be too much work for people, when all I wanted was suggestions. You mean to say that if I posted 10 links here you would click on them and say what you think? Of course you wouldn't, that's why I was hoping for a general overview.
    I have never come on and asked for lesson plan ideas like loads do for interviews/lesson obs, I have looked up links for other people and posted them when I can.
    If one post like this incenses you so much and makes you think I am a lazy good for nothing expecting others to work for them, well so be it. But you have misunderstood the intention of my post (twice, as I did try and clarify it in my second post). Your problem not mine.
    Am off to fill some applications in, and don't worry, I won't be on here asking for advice again till later, so you can post as many derogratory posts as you like. Maybe by the time I get back tonight, you will have got it all off your chest and you will feel better having slagged me off all day,
    Glad to be of service [​IMG]

7. In the time it took you to get that off your chest you could have found the two good examples of teaching cvs I managed to find in seconds.
    I have no intention of slagging you off all day - I have many more interesting things to do.
    PS _ I am not even remotely incensed - just surprised you can't find the examples I found

8. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

That was refreshing.

Ms Tonic,
    I have seen hundreds of the things. Going by your literacy it should
    be okay but sometimes people can't see the wood for the trees and
    include information that tells the wrong story. Anyway, I have lots of work to do that I am avoiding. If you PM me for an email address I will give it an eye-balling. I will let you know what impression it leaves.

9. dominant_tonic

okay, so that was a little unnecessarily shirty perhaps. Sorry.
    I have found examples I think are good, I just wanted confimation. We are obviously coming at this from different angles. maybe everyone else will agree with you, in which case I am firmly in the wrong.
    Anyway, onwards and upwards wiht the application forms, and sorry for being so sharp - It just annoys me when people think I want others to do my work for me, because it's a pet hate of mine. Indeed I have been stupid enough to edit powerpoints etc on here for people without a word of thanks from them, and I would not expect anyone else do so for me.
    Anyway, forms beckoning.

10. I apologise tonic - you didn't make it clear in your first post that you had already found examples of cvs and just wanted confirmation. I leapt to conclusions and was wrong. I thought it was yet another example of someone who couldn't be bothered to do their own research. Sorry!

11. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Well, I enjoyed that!
    Not least, as anothet poster points out, because Tonic can actually write correctly and extremely well.
    Excellent!
    Have a decko at the JobSeekers Forum, Tonic; inside the Welcome thread you will find clickables full of advice to help you in general with applications and interviews. No help on CVs, however, as they are very much a minority interest these days.
    I shall not re-visit this thread, so any queries to JobSeekers - start your title with Dear Theo to get an answer from me.
    Best of luck.
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    The Job Seminars are all sold out, I'm afraid, but Julia is planning some more later on.

A new SLT seminar is planned for 18 June.

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you.

12. guinnesspuss

guinnesspuss Star commenter

I was sent a pro forma CV from the Lancs Teaching Agency I could e-mail you that. I haven't got a link for it.