1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone know of any story books for the topic 'Our Journey to School'?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Zoe49, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Hi, I have just found out that I will be teaching the Geog. themed topic 'Our Journey to School' / 'Our Locality' to the following classes, Reception, Year 1 & Year 2. Can anyone suggest any suitable story books, I could use?? Thank you in advance :)

2. Hi, I have just found out that I will be teaching the Geog. themed topic 'Our Journey to School' / 'Our Locality' to the following classes, Reception, Year 1 & Year 2. Can anyone suggest any suitable story books, I could use?? Thank you in advance :)

3. QuestionsQuestions

QuestionsQuestions New commenter

Would you consider making your own? Take your class macot from your home/somewhere nearby and photgraph what you see on the way to school.
    Other than that maybe Barnaby bear? [For reception anyway]

4. "On My Way Home", Jill Murphy.
    It doesn't really help with the Geography angle, more PSED, CLL, CD, but couldbe a nice story time book that links to your topic.

5. Loony tunes

Loony tunes New commenter

Not what you're asking for but have a look in the resources section - there's a nice iboard activity where children can record the different things they go past on their way to school.

6. Thank you all, will be using all three ideas/link/book. Thank you so much :)