1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone know of any narrow front-loading washing machines?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by highschooler, Jul 23, 2011.

1. My in-laws are repalcing a top-loader with a front-loader but the gap is a bit too narrow for what seems to be the standard width of 595-600mm. I've tried searching on the net but with no luck. They need something about 550mm wide.

2. Ignore that! I concur [​IMG]

3. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

That model has apparently been discontinued but is replaced by the ZWC1301.
    Out of interest, when we bought a dishwasher recently, having decided which model we wanted, I searched around to find who was giving the best deal and fastest delivery.
    Both were satisfied by Appliances Online who it transpired gave the best service I have encounterd. Firstly, they were around £60 cheaper than the competition and they could deliver the next day which was Sunday.
    After we placed the order, someone rang us to tell us exactly the time it would arrive. The delivery men unpacked it and carried it to where it was to be installed, and took away the packaging. The following morning I took a call from the company to ask if everything was ok and we were entirely satisfied.
    Here's the link to their website that shows the machine has been discontinued and replaced and is £65 cheaper than the competition. http://www.appliancesonline.co.uk/product/ZWC1300W-Zanussi-Essential-Washing-Machine-White-5159.aspx

4. Many thanks for the replies. The Zanussi looks like it should fit and should have a big enough capacity for the outlaws' washing requirements.

5. colpee

colpee Star commenter

"Anyone know of any narrow front-loading washing machines?"
    Mrs Pee fits the bill. Happy to discuss hire charges.

6. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

And there you go, such is the power of the Internet. You just ask and answers eventually appear. We seem to have moved into an age when irksome problems can be easily sorted by complete strangers who have nothing to gain from their responses.
    In actual fact, this week my wife had an issue with the washing machine. The door wouldn't open. A quick search on google after a tiring day resolved the problem. The filter was blocked and the water couldn't be pumped out. It transpires she had washed my jeans without checking if anything was in the pockets. I removed the coins and a box of matches from the filter and alol is now well.
    Incidentally, during my search, I was impressed by the number of DIY help forums there are for semi-technical home matters. One site I looked at referred me to a parts supplier who had taken the trouble to make videos of what you need to do to remove parts from appliances, check whether they are working and how to replace them correctly. Even a woman could probably have followed the advice.

7. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

[​IMG]

8. I've used them too, I got the same excelent service, if you go through a cash back site you get an even better deal