1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone know of any good resources or websites to help with guided reading planning?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by freckles88, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Hi there,
    I'm a teaching assistant in a primary school and take a small group of 3 children for guided reading every morning for 25 mins. I am struggling to find some good ideas for guided reading, and most of the time make up my own stuff based on a book but I feel like I am doing the same thing over and over again! I'd love to find some interesting resources or a website with some guided reading plans on that I can adapt. I've looked on TES and found a few but are there any more around? Any good books etc that you use? Or just general advice you can offer me as I'm a bit clueless really! It doesn't help that the children are at such different levels, makes it impossible really as most lessons it is too hard for one child, too easy for the other and I only really get it just right for the middle child! :(

2. Hi there,
    I'm a teaching assistant in a primary school and take a small group of 3 children for guided reading every morning for 25 mins. I am struggling to find some good ideas for guided reading, and most of the time make up my own stuff based on a book but I feel like I am doing the same thing over and over again! I'd love to find some interesting resources or a website with some guided reading plans on that I can adapt. I've looked on TES and found a few but are there any more around? Any good books etc that you use? Or just general advice you can offer me as I'm a bit clueless really! It doesn't help that the children are at such different levels, makes it impossible really as most lessons it is too hard for one child, too easy for the other and I only really get it just right for the middle child! :(

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide