1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone know if you are classed as a quailified teacher in FE in you have QTS?

Discussion in 'Further Education' started by yellowcherry, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Hi
    Anyone know if you are classed as a quailified teacher in FE in you have QTS. I have done a BSc in Design & Technology with QTS which I complete this year. Which was in secondary education. I have recently applied for a couple of FE jobs and was wondering if you are classed as quailified or not as I am trying to work out the pay scale for further education jobs?
    Can anyone shed any light on this???
    Thank You

2. Hi
    Anyone know if you are classed as a quailified teacher in FE in you have QTS. I have done a BSc in Design & Technology with QTS which I complete this year. Which was in secondary education. I have recently applied for a couple of FE jobs and was wondering if you are classed as quailified or not as I am trying to work out the pay scale for further education jobs?
    Can anyone shed any light on this???
    Thank You

3. Hi

You are qualified with QTS. There is no definite FE payscale though, it completely seems to vary depending on the institution. 6th Form colleges are the closest you are going to get to a school teachers wage.

4. Only for two years. You must obtain QTLS to continue as qualified beyond that.