1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone know any christmas songs but with Nursery rhyme tune?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Msz, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Tune Baa Baa BlackSheep

Wake up, wake up,

All you woolly Sheep,

Off to Bethlehem you must creep

Off you go,it isn'tvery far,

Off you go and follow that bright star.

2. marymoocow

marymoocow Star commenter

5 Christmas crackers sitting on a table .x 3............all of a sudden 1 went bang --to the tune of 5 green bottles.

3. I would love to receive a copy too please of your play as our classes are no longer doing a huge production but a small one in class to parents. This would be ideal. Thank you. Jasad154@ntlworld.com.

4. I would love a copy of your play if poss. We do a small play as a gesture rather than a huge production. Much appreciated, many thanks.jasad154@ntlworld.com

5. Hi
    I would love a copy if you would be able to send it to me. My email address is aco2610@yahoo.co.uk
    Thanks

6. I know its ather late but I would love a copy so we could use it next year.Many thanks. My email is:

bessierogers@uwclub.net

7. I read with interest your article The Greatest Present of all. I am a reader in the Church of England and this year am formulating for the very first time in the Church a crib service. I would be extremely grateful if you could email me the presentation and songs to include in the service clngreene@yahoo.co.uk ( I am using my daughter's TES account). Thanking you in anticipation, Colin.

8. sounds great - please can you email this to me! start the term as i mean to go on!!!
    chankidaca@hotmail.co.uk
    thanks

9. I have been teaching French to EYFS and KS1, and we made up our own songs to the tunes of songs that the children knew already! I'm sure you could do it with any topic you wanted.
    It's not so difficult - just work out how many syllables there are per line, then substitute your own lyrics as you see fit.
    Bon courage![​IMG]

10. Could i have a copy to please - starting in reception in September so this will be my first nativity.
    Thanks in advance
    vinceang@btinternet.com

11. Here is a whole Nativity done to the tune - The Wheels on the Bus - have done it as a finale on several occasions and also interspersed with others like - Twinkle, Little Donkey, Away in a Manger.

The angels in the sky sang Glory to God Glory to God Glory to God
    The angels in the sky sang Glory to God Glory to God

The shepherds on the hill said well I never well I never well I never
    The shepherds on the hill said well I never well I never
    <font size="3"> </font> Joseph in the Stable said come along in come along in come along in
    Joseph in the Stable said come along in come along in

Mary whispered softly come and see come and see come and see
    Mary whispered softly come and see come and see

Jesus in the manger lay fast asleep fast asleep fast asleep
    Jesus in the manger lay fast asleep fast asleep

12. Hi J09832
    DO you think you could put the play into the resource bank for others to look at to save you sending lots of emails. It would be great to have a look.

13. Hi there - the play was one that I wrote with my class that I sent to some people two or three years ago. It was from an idea on a course run by Helen Bromley - to give everyone credit for their ideas! It is very easy to do - use the format of We're going on a bear hunt', but you go on a baby hunt instead - so 'we're going on a baby hunt, we're going to find ..... etc. ' The children decide what they meet along the way. We used the Christmas story to give us our characters, and we had a song to sing for each one - eg Little Donkey, Rudolph, and some that we made up to nursery rhyme tune. I have already posted these. What was particularly special - and I think what made it for the children, was that it was very much 'theirs', and I would suggest that you do it with the children and include what it special to them. It will mean much more to them!

14. HI Celestine 88
    Thanks for explaining the idea. I think i will have a go at writing one with my class for this christmas. I agree about them helping and making it their own. [*]

15. Hi I am getting panicky about xmas and saw your post> Please could you e mail your play to me? annco@talktalk.net