1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone know about procedures for suspension and allegations made?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by SleighBelle, Jul 1, 2009.

1. SleighBelle

SleighBelle Occasional commenter

If allegations have been made about a staff member, bad enough to make the LEA enforce a suspension, should the staff member who *made* the allegation also be suspended while the investigation is carried out?
    Am I wrong in thinking this should be the case?

2. Suspension pending an investigation is supposed to be a neutral position - it is, however, a problem that so many people assume that it's an indication of guilt.

3. Headteachers or Chairs of Governors make suspensions in State Schools not LA's it is as has been said a neutral act to allow investigation.

4. There is no expectation that the person who made the allegation should be suspended.

5. SleighBelle

Yes, thank you, Seren, I understand that. That is why I am questioning whether both parties involved in the allegations would/should be out of the working environment while the investigations are carried out. It seems like it would be very biased towards the staff member who made the allegations, no matter how unfounded they appear to be.

6. SleighBelle

Okay, thanks, Gonners :)

7. OK if you are female, you claim a male member of staff assaulted you would you expect to be suspended also?

8. Sorry crossed posts but you understand ... x

9. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Lead commenter

Or the other way round, of course...

10. of course

11. Now that would be a fair system!