1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone interested in group sports trips ??

Discussion in 'Personal' started by AnotherDayTowardsRetirement, Feb 20, 2020.

1. AnotherDayTowardsRetirement

AnotherDayTowardsRetirement Occasional commenter

Hi Forum

Interested in hearing from likeminded people who would enjoy trips to sporting events, as a group, mainly European weekends.

For example, cheap return flights to/from a European destination. hotel, site-seeing and exploring the cultural side of a destination, good food, few leisurely drinks, great company, with a sporting g event (or gig, or theatre etc) as a focal point of the trip.

I’m early retired and have the time/finances to do this kind of adventure but the majority if my friends still work (most teach) so don’t have the fortune to participate in such visits, so my pool of potential travel companions has diminished. Wondering if anyone else in TESland feels the inclination to discuss the viability of forming such a group.

I want to enjoy my retirement and I’ve now now got the time to participate in this kind of thing. Just need someone to join in the fun.

Please share your thoughts.

2. Bedlam3

Bedlam3 Star commenter

Sounds a good idea. I'm not really into sporting events although visiting a European city , museum, place of interest etc would be more my cup of tea. Doesn't look like you've had much response to this thread though so I'm giving it a boost.

3. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Put another copy on the Retirement forum.