1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone heard from UWE yet?

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by RandomGiraffe, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Hi there, just wondering if anyone has heard either way from UWE yet following their PGCE interview. This wait is so frustrating, I really want to be able to celebrate or commiserate and make alternative plans if I've been unsuccessful!

2. If it's been more than two weeks especially after postal delays in snow, give them a ring.

3. Nope, I've not heard yet either. I've been pinning my hopes on what they said at the presentation, which is that if you get rejected you'll be told within a couple of days and but they won't be able to confirm places for those they want on the course until January. Since it's been three weeks today, I'm sorely hoping it's not a case of rejection!

4. I had my interview on November 17 too and have had nothing official yet either. I emailed the Admissions Tutor and he said that they still have no idea. If we haven't had rejections yet we are potentially in a strong position, but they could still find out they don't have enough places. or worse, no places!

5. likejesus

likejesus New commenter

Just got the following on the UWE welcome site:

Update regarding your application to study an initial
    teacher training programme at the University of the West of England,
    Bristol.

Thank you for considering the University of the West of
    England as a place to study to become a qualified teacher. As you will
    be aware we had anticipated having confirmation of initial teacher
    training places by January 2011. However I regret to inform you that
    the government is still reviewing routes into teaching and as a
    consequence we are still not in a position to make any offers. As soon
    as we know our allocation for September 2011 (late February/early March)
    a decision will be communicated to you immediately. Decisions on all
    applications have been made after the interview and where an applicant
    has been unsuccessful through the process they have been informed; the
    success of other applications will depend on the number of places we are
    allocated.

This situation is affecting everybody in the sector
    in the same way and no provider of Initial Teacher Training is in a
    position to confirm offers until that point. We apologise for the
    uncertainty that this creates and we will do our utmost to let you know
    just as soon as we have the information that allows us to proceed.

I'm excited about the bold bit. It's what I sort of knew and expected already, but it's nice to receive confirmation that I haven't failed to date. Just waiting on the allocation of places!

6. I've just had the same on my UWE welcome site. I'm so relieved to know that I'm still in the running. I know we were told that we would only hear if we were unsuccessful but it's taken so long I was panicking that they had just forgotton me!!
    Fingers crossed we don't have to wait much longer.......

7. likejesus

likejesus New commenter

I was experiencing the exact same fear. I'm extremely relieved and excited now, especially in the light of news that the number of primary school places given to the TDA for allocation is up 6%!

I'm not counting any chickens just yet though.

8. Woohoo, same thing on mine! At least we know now that we haven't fallen at the first hurdle so fingers crossed...

9. yay same here! really hope there are enough places...I hate all this waiting!

10. likejesus

likejesus New commenter

Make of this what you will, but I was told today by someone's whose partner had contacted UWE to check (I haven't, as I'm sure they're getting a million and one calls without me adding to it) that they have made decisions and will be communicating decisions by the end of the week. They were supposed to do it yesterday but had computer troubles or something like that, so probably today - though it is 4.45pm and I've not heard anything!

11. Checked Track just not and nothing but then logged into UWE and found I've got an unconditional offer! I'm so chuffed! Fingers crossed for the rest of you.

12. *just now I meant...

13. Oh congratulations! I will now be checking even more obsessively! I am Secondary History so finger's crossed...

14. Thanks! It's on Track now too. Offer accepted!

15. Congratulations!

What do you mean when you say you logged into UWE? How did you do that?

16. I logged into here using hte details supplied when I first applied:
    https://welcome.uwe.ac.uk/

17. <a title=" https://welcome.uwe.ac.uk/" target="_blank">https://welcome.uwe.ac.uk/[/URL]

18. likejesus

likejesus New commenter

Oh God, I haven't heard anything. Now I'm anxious!

Congratulations to you two though!

19. Congratulations to those who have heard, fingers crossed for those still waiting!
    Just got a conditional offer on completion of CRB & health - and the small matter of a 2:1 degree!! Nothing showing on Track yet though....
    Absolutely delighted but also slightly daunted as I'll need to work really hard on my current module to achieve the 2:1!

20. OK so that's two people with offers, they must be working through them now! Congratulations, Tiggyliz, what did you apply for?