1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone heard from Northumbria

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by charlis mam, Nov 30, 2010.

1. I have been offered a place too. Received an email from GTTR saying my status had changed. When I logged in I found out I have been given a conditional offer. However these are the conditions attached to the offer:

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td></td><td class="formstext">Conditional</td><td class="bodyText"> </td></tr><tr><td>Offer text</td><td class="formstext">This offer is subject to you obtaining

A suitable Criminal Records Bureau Enhanced Disclosure is

required. You must meet the General Teaching Council

Suitability for Registration requirements. A satisfactory

Health Check is required. A satisfactory second reference

will be required. Further relevant School Experience is

required. Accommodation information to follow from

Institution. We wish you every success in your

examinations.Ten days Key Stage 2 experience in a different

UK priamry school to that already attended and a

satisfactory reference will be required.
    </td><td class="bodyText"> </td></tr><tr><td>Reply</td><td class="formstext"></td><td class="bodyText"> </td></tr><tr><td>Reply by</td><td class="formstext">1800 hrs (UK Time) on Tuesday, 1 March 2011

</td></tr></table>I already have 15 days experience so I don't see why they are requesting more.
    I have no exams to sit, I don't need accomodation information and I have already supplied them with a second reference.
    This looks like it may contain general requirements that don't all apply to me.
    I will phone them in morning and let you know what they say.
    Well done TinaTeaSpoon. By the way did you get the same conditions attached to your offer.
    Good Luck to all those waiting to hear.

2. Phoned Uni today. I do need to do another 10 days experience in Key stage 2.

3. Congratulations Ed! My offer conditions are as follows, sorry about the weird formatting. I don't need to gain more experience but I am a career changer, I already work in education (but not in a school setting).
    <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td class="formstext">Conditional:</td><td class="bodyText"> </td></tr><tr><td></td><td class="formstext">This offer is subject to you obtaining

A suitable Criminal Records Bureau Enhanced Disclosure is

required. A satisfactory Health Check is required. You must

meet the General Teaching Council Suitability for

Registration requirements. Accommodation information to

follow from Institution.
    </td></tr></table>

4. Hey everyone, I have just been offered a place at Northumbria too! :) Congrats to ppl on the course too, see you Sept!! And good luck to those still waiting they are obv doing it in batches of people! x

5. Does anyone know anything about completing the conditions? How do we go about getting a medical check and CRB do the university send you something?x

6. I think they will send forms for medical and CRB later in post.
    Today I received a letter in an information pack from Northumbria acknowledging that I accepted my place on the course. This letter had my student number on it. It also says that the tuition fee for the course is &pound;3375 and that it is their understanding that this PGCE will not attract bursary support.
    The pack also contains a suitability declaration form for the General Teaching Council. This form has 5 questions which you answer yes/no to. The questions ask if you have any convictions or if you are barred from woking with children.
    I managed to arrange remaining 10 days experience needed in another school which I should complete by end of March.

7. Thanks! I also received that pack today. I have emailed admissions to ask them about the medical and crb check so will let you know the reply!