1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone heard from Northumbria

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by charlis mam, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Had an interview for PGCE primary at Northumbria last Wednesday. No reply yet. Has anybody had a reply? Feeling really nervous x

2. Had an interview for PGCE primary at Northumbria last Wednesday. No reply yet. Has anybody had a reply? Feeling really nervous x

3. Hi, i was also at the same interview date. :)
    I was wondering if you have heard back yet? It is driving me crazy! I rang up admissions yesterday and they said decisions should be on the GTTR by today but mine still hasn't updated.
    Have you had a decision yet? x

4. I was also at the same interview. I have not heard anything back either. I keep checking the tracking section of the GTTR website. Just checked now and still not updated. Hope they tell us before Christmas.
    Good luck to both of you.
    Please let me know if you are offered a place.

5. I've rang admissions again (they'll be getting sick of me ha) and they said that they have made some decisions but not all?!?
    She said that she doubts that it will be updated this week though and has said that it is more likely to be the middle of january. They must be waiting for the allocations from the TDA.
    Nothing like putting all your eggs in one basket... :(
    x

6. I was there too in November! Also haven't heard anything, called this morning and they said that if I haven't heard by now I am unlikely to hear before Christmas. I feel like I am in some sort of limbo! It is reassuring to know that it is not just me though.
    A friend of a friend was also at the interview and she hasn't heard either. I just want to know one way or another!

7. Can't believe I have to wait till January to hear. I was hoping to get it off my mind for Christmas. It's reassuring from reading this forum that there are others waiting to hear back too.
    Still I think I will phone admissions in morning again.
    Please let me know when any of you hear back from Uni.
    Thanks

8. Hi everyone,

I have finally been informed I have an interview for PGCE Primary at Northumbria, which isn't until the 20 January. I am assuming bacause interviews are still going on then, they will wait until they have interviewed everyone before they give a decision? Hope this helps.
    Anyone who has already had their interview have any advice?
    Best of luck to all applying.

9. Anyone heard yet??? It's starting to really bug me!
    I am debating ringing them but i doubt the TDA allocations have been released yet.

Will be really annoyed if they reject after this long as my second choice is coming up as full :(

10. Anyone heard anything else?
    I see that the allocations have actually gone up for northumbria so fingers crossed!!

11. Heyyy, I had an interview for Primary PGCE at Northumbria on 20 Jan. Still waiting to hear, it's driving me mad! I know a couple of people who were rejected last week, so I guess no news is good news.

12. Nope, still nothing. I spoke to my guidance tutor today as I am already at Northumbria. He said the number of places was confirmed last Thursday and that people should hear within the week. It has now been a week and still nothing. If I get rejected after all this time, I will be devastated. Good luck to you and let me know if you hear anything! x

13. Attended interview in November. Phoned Uni yesterday but told they still waiting to be told numbers. Phoned GTTR too told that other Unis holding on too. Getting used to waiting now.

14. I have been offered a place!
    I would be a lot more excited about this if I thought I could still afford to do the course, however with no bursary I just can't see how to make this happen. So frustrating! Now to spend a few tortured days doing sums on backs of envelopes. After 2 1/2 months of waiting it is a bit of an anti-climax to have a place but no money.
    Good luck to all of you still waiting, I hope you get good news soon.

15. Same :( i've given up on ringing admissions. If they reject me after this long i will be truely devastated!

Good luck everyone.

16. when did you hear that you had a place? still nothing on my gttr :( hope you can juggle ya fundng :)

17. Congratulations! So jealous! When and how did you hear? Was your track updated or did you get an email/letter?

18. I just rang them this morning and they said 'as of yet no decisions have been made you should know in the next couple of weeks'. I dont understand why they are being so inconsistent when people ring them!
    I thought I would have heard today with you getting a place but now I dont think it will be any time soon after ringing up!!
    too much stress!!

19. My track was updated yesterday, when I got home from work last night I had an email to my home email address telling me that Track had changed and when I went on the "STOP" had changed to "conditional". Hope that helps.
    I'm sorry they're giving conflicting info on the phone, that sucks. Whenever I phoned them I got the impression that they were all saying different things and that I was none the wiser once I'd got off the phone.
    I was at the first interview day, in November, so I don't know if that makes a difference - those of you who were interviewed in January might have to wait longer while they work back through the system. I know that isn't helpful for people like nicoleave though who were at the same day as me.
    I hope you all get places, I want people to be excited with!

20. Thank you, I rang back on Friday and they were still saying the same so I said I know of some people that have been offered a place though and they said they have gien some out, but I am on the flexible PGCE and they will be getting more places within two weeks. So back to the waiting game for me then!! :)