1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone heard from Abu Dhabi yet?

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by saffy26, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Hi All,
    Feel i need to begin by apologising for my impatience -sorry, but...... has anyone heard back from (mentioning no names) the big property developer who advertised a few weeks ago for teaching in Abu Dhabi? It's well known and already has a well established secondary and several primaries already running in the region.
    Thanks for your replies

2. rednelly84

rednelly84 New commenter

I currently work for said company. You will hear from then so try not to panic.

:)

3. I also work for said company and I know from speaking with the head of one of the bigger schools they will be contacting people real soon. Good luck x

4. jkhanom

jkhanom New commenter

hi, this big company does it lead to a recruitment website where you register your details? I did the same and am hoping to hear from them. please tell me if they have shortlisted!

5. rednelly84

rednelly84 New commenter

Was it their own recruitment site? As far as I am aware, they do not use external recruitment sites.
    Yes.

6. jkhanom

jkhanom New commenter

is it worth me applying then?

7. Hey
    I've just received an email inviting me for interview next week. Anyone else?

8. rednelly84

rednelly84 New commenter

Definately. We have yet to be asked for our preferences for next year so there may be more jobs than they are originally advertising.

9. Hello,
    I received an email today confirming I have been shortlisted for interview :)
    For those of you already working for the said company, I wondered if you could share your experiences so far? Has it all been positive? Any advice you can give for going through the interview process?
    Thanks

10. Hi,
    Hope you heard back. I am heading there in August and would love to hear from anyone going / already there!

11. I'm meant to be there in August too, just sorting out the Attestation of documents side of things. Managed to go there at Easter to get a feel for the place and it was fantastic!! Definitely looking forward it now. Will you be in a private school or one of the Licensed teacher programmes?