1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone heard anything from their first choice? Good or Bad?

Discussion in 'Scotland - prospective teachers' started by Emsbeth_89, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Hey guys!!
    Just thought I would start this thread, as I have finally had confirmation from my first choice that they have recieved my application 2 weeks after GTTR say they sent it. Hopefully it won't be too long now until I hear whether they are going to give me an interview or not :S
    So has anyone heard anything from their first choice?
    Emsbeth_89

2. Hey guys!!
    Just thought I would start this thread, as I have finally had confirmation from my first choice that they have recieved my application 2 weeks after GTTR say they sent it. Hopefully it won't be too long now until I hear whether they are going to give me an interview or not :S
    So has anyone heard anything from their first choice?
    Emsbeth_89

3. Hi Emsbeth_89!
    I sent my application back on the first day they could be submitted and haven't heard a peep. I haven't received anything saying my first choice has received my application, was it an email or something you got? GTTR just says 'sent for consideration' when I log in so I assumed they had my app and were reviewing it?!
    Paul

4. I got an email yesterday and a text a couple of hours later.
    It probably has been sent to them and they perhaps only send out confirmation of recieving it when they are actually looking at it and not justwhen it comes through their mail?

Emsbeth

5. Yeah, hopefully! Where are you applying for? I've put Strathclyde down as my first choice so it might only be some Uni's that send confirmation.... I hope! :)

6. I've put Dundee down as mine :)

7. Hi
    I sent my form to GTTR on 11th October (first day it was possible!), my first choice (Edinburgh) sent me an email on 13th inviting me to register for their portal. Shortly afterwards I got an email from Edinburgh asking me to scan my qualifications and email them.
    I emailed to ask what the timescale was for letting people know the outcome of their application and I was told that they were meeting with the assessors this week.
    I don't know if this has clarified anything at all!! I do know that (usually) if you are unsuccessful you find out pretty quickly and if you're being invited for interview, it is sometimes December/January before you hear anything. I don't know how much the situation with the GTTR website 'technical glitches' will affect the Uni's timescales this year though.
    Good luck everyone

8. Glesca (Secondary) have invited me for an interview. Said it will take place between January & March and they'll be in touch nearer the time with more details (GTTR hasn't been updated yet). Haven't been asked for a CV or anything else at this point.

Chuffed! Would appear that getting the application in early really does make a difference. I was surprised to hear back so quickly.

Good luck all!

9. I got a confirmation of application email from my first choice (Dundee) on Thursday, along with instructions for setting up my Dundee email account. One thing I'm a little concerned about is that they said they will now only contact me using the email address they've provided me with, and I can't log into it! I set everything up correctly and I can log on to their Blackboard system (My Dundee), but the webmail just doesn't want to work. *stress*

10. Hey I have had the same problem with the email. I haven't heard anythingback from them after I sent a thing saying I couldn't access the email system. U?

Emsbeth

11. Well done! You must be thrillled to bits [​IMG]! Still waiting here... insider info tells me that Edinburgh are still not quite ready to get sorting through the applications. My nails are down to shreads already. I really can't do waiting very well!

12. I've heard nothing either! I've even had my boyfriend try to log in to my email while he's on campus to see if that makes a difference and no such luck. I don't see why they can't just email me at the address I provided/they've already sent emails to!

13. Thanks! Yeah, I feel lucky. No way I thought I'd hear anything this early. Obviously, different universities go about their application procedure in completely different ways.
    Some must set a date and then sort through applications then. With me hearing so early I can only think that, for secondary, Glasgow just take applications individually as they come in. Fulfill some sort of criteria and you'll get an interview place.....

14. I have an interview for PGCE Primary at Birmingham on Tuesday, a little nervous but thrilled to hear early as last year it I waited till March for an interview.
    Researching some current issues in education at the moment amd practising my interview questions

15. Hi, I have received confirmation that Moray House have my application. They normally do email you once they receive it and ask for proof of your qualifications. Last year I didn't hear until just before Christmas that I had an interview. The interview was mid January. They had 800 odd applicants and 70 odd places; I wasn't successful at interview but fingers crossed this year.

Julie

16. Hi,
    I applied to Dundee last year and they said the same thing about contact being through mydundee but then it wasn't! They sent all correspondence through the post! I had an interview last year but then wasn't successful, hoping for better luck thi year!

17. helenmoss,
    when did u find out you had an interview? were you given a lot of notice for it? I am applying to Dundee too.
    Good luck in your application.

Emsbeth_89

18. Just found out today I have a interview for my first choice which is Strathclyde and I sent my application of in October so its been a long long wait. :)