1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone heard anything back from student finance?

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by Teacher_Jen, Mar 2, 2012.

1. I still havent had my amount of loan confirmed yet.
    Not sure why its taking so long really...my details were filled out ages ago.

2. Hiya,
    Has your partner/parent submitted their financial details yet? You don't get to see your full offer until this has been done.

3. StarbabyCat

StarbabyCat New commenter

I got my confirmation last week, I'd sent it 3 weeks before. I was pleasantly surprised it was so straight forward!

4. My parents have done their bit.
    Im not sure that my consortium details are on there yet but surely they should be by now?
    I'm going to give them a call next week if I still haven't heard :(

5. sorry if this sounds stupid, but how long is the academic year? is it Sept to June, or Sept to July?

6. sparkleshine

sparkleshine New commenter

It'll be this that's holding the application back, as it can't be approved without a valid linked course. I know from experience that the SCITT consortiums are some of the slowest to get their act together in this area - it's not actually SFE's fault as it's the responsibility of the providers to upload their courses to the database. Those courses are some of the last to be added so I wouldn't panic just yet. It's months until September, and you submitted your application way before the deadline so you are guaranteed to be paid on time. Just sit tight for now, and consider contacting the consortium and reminding them to upload the course to SFE a week or two if you haven't heard anything.

Everyone: I had mine approved 3 weeks ago.

7. sparkleshine

sparkleshine New commenter

The academic year technically runs from 1st September to August 31st of the following year, but obviously many courses have different academic years. If you aren't 100% sure when your course finishes just put June or July - it makes no difference to your entitlement as this is built into the system.