1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone heading to Abu Dhabi this Aug/Sept...

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by Fifi11, May 11, 2011.

1. I'd love to hear from you as I am going there to teach English at Secondary school.

Would be nice to have a friendly face who is in the same boat for coffee/chats/offloading/support etc...!

Fifi

2. I am! So excited! I am Primary but happy to chat / have coffee etc x

3. rednelly84

rednelly84 Occasional commenter

You have mail :)

4. I'm going too, am primary but would love to have a few contacts! PM me if you want and we could exchange emails?

5. hi, I am going to be heading out to Abu Dhabi in September, I am going to be teaching secondary ICT ! What school are you going to be teaching at?

Ash :)

6. Hi
    I will be attending an interview for Abu Dhabi in early June in Edinburgh. Is there any advice you could give me regarding questions? I teach secondary English.
    I have been trying to research Abu Dhabi and I am quite excited at the prospect of teaching there.

thanks

7. Hey - I'm heading out there in September to teach FS but interview questions I were asked are...

- what would your classroom look like
    - EAL - lots of EAL questions with regards to provision, initial meetings with children who dont speak english etc
    - parent involvement - how you communicate.
    - planning
    - assessment
    - why i wanted the job
    - what I could bring to the school

I also had a page full of questions ready to ask, they liked that. And of course your portfolio showing your fantastic planning, assessment, photos and examples of childrens work!

Hope this helps a smidge. :)

8. Hi

All of these things are helpful. Thanks for the information.