1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone having trouble with virgin broadband?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by impis, Jan 22, 2011.

1. impis

impis New commenter

Silly question, I know - as if your virgin broadband was down, you wouldn't be able to be on here to say so..........
    Duuuhhhhhh!!!!![​IMG]

2. impis

impis New commenter

Silly question, I know - as if your virgin broadband was down, you wouldn't be able to be on here to say so..........
    Duuuhhhhhh!!!!![​IMG]

3. anon468

anon468 New commenter

I'm on Virgin, imp. It's working fine here.
    Had a loss of service a few months ago, due to a problem at the Edinburgh exchange, so I supose it depeds on location.

4. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

All okay here too x

5. Had a lot of problems recently so, when sky offered a package with our tv, we changed ... Yesterday

6. impis

impis New commenter

Its just that my friend, in Redditch, is trying to get online and can't.

7. look on their website - they have a service down page

also, it may be that the router needs resetting - took me f ing hours to get that sorted last time, dame their overseas call centre, hurrah for one where the bloke spoke english as a native

9. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I've been with Virgin since the early days of NTL and rarely have problems with them and it's fine just now (keeps fingers crossed that I'm not putting a hex on it).

10. https://my.virginmedia.com/service-status/details

11. I have been having intermittent problems with virgin broadband for weeks now :s

12. impis

impis New commenter

This is no good - I don't know his virgin details.

13. So have we. It is really bad at weekends and Friday night. We've tried all of the usual things (re-setting the router etc) and think it must be from their end, if you see what I mean.

14. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I was an original telewest then NTL now Virgin. I've rarely had problems with them. If you have ther phone as well then dial 150 for free updates and the helpline (also free).

15. That's the same with us. Our signal is strong from the router, the computer is connecting to the network at our end, but the other end of the connection says limited or no internet service.
    Sometimes resetting the router works, but more often it doesn't and the diagnostic system on the computer suggests contacting the internet provider.

16. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Haveyou called them. We had this issue once and just needed an alteration at the exchange. Been perfect ever since (touch wood) x

17. Ditto

As I said ... we have left them

18. Try asking on www.cableforum.co.uk (I believe - google if it doesn't come up) their forum is populated by loads of their tech staff who actually have a clue and they might be able to work a solution out on there for them.
    Alternatively if you keep retrying eventually you might get lucky and end up in one of the UK call centres instead of India tech support and get some sense there - rather than the classics I've had of "please uninstall your TCP/IPs" and "this is Microsoft Windows and not our fault - please fix your computer" (I knew the basic issue I was having and just needed the walled garden from a new install fitting - had been told so by the installation guy).
    My bone with them is the fact that one of their provided routers is on such a ridiculously wide range of wi-fi frequencies and so strong it screws up everyone else's wifi in the entire street!

19. impis

impis New commenter

Thanks for all your help.
    Rebooting the router seems to have done the trick, for the time being.
    xx