1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone having a PGCE interview at goldsmiths?

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by sjoanneliu, Feb 3, 2007.

1. I hope i will be able to find some comfort here... i applied to GTTR the first day they were open to apply online in Sept and only did i recieve a letter a couple of weeks ago from Goldsmiths for an interview on 6th feb...Such a long wait as i was hoping that i was going to know where i stand with my chances well before this.
    I missed my chances last year for applying late so this time i made sure it was done early.
    I do hope that i am the first batch to be interviewed as i was the first batch to apply!
    Has anyone here applied to Goldsmiths and if so, have you had your interview yet...?

2. I hope i will be able to find some comfort here... i applied to GTTR the first day they were open to apply online in Sept and only did i recieve a letter a couple of weeks ago from Goldsmiths for an interview on 6th feb...Such a long wait as i was hoping that i was going to know where i stand with my chances well before this.
    I missed my chances last year for applying late so this time i made sure it was done early.
    I do hope that i am the first batch to be interviewed as i was the first batch to apply!
    Has anyone here applied to Goldsmiths and if so, have you had your interview yet...?

3. hi! I applied last year to do my pgce at goldsmiths, and they took 4 months to decide, and in the end they didnt even invited me for an interview...in the end, i didnt have any changes at my other choices, as goldsmiths was my 1st choice and they took so looooooooong to decide. Well i wish you good luck at the interview!!!x

4. Thanks Vd...

Hopefully i will get in this time round... i cant afford to waste another year waiting. i already have to waste this year for it- so at the moment i am working as a teaching assistant until they can confrim that i have been offered a place...

what are you doing now? x

5. hi, i tried to be a teacher assistant in Bristol, but all plaes were taken, did some calls and nothing, after 3 months i couldnt afford not getting any sort of income. at the mo im working as a cutomer service advisor.Next week Im having my pgce interview!!! im so nervous!

6. You know your not alone... im with you on this one... where is your interview and what day is it? i will keep you updated with my news... if i dont die before then :p im already getting this bad feeling that places have been taken up already... i will cry if i dont get in...

I had to search around for my job for a long time before i got it... some schools rejected me and i didnt even know why considering i had experience working with children... but there you go... it comes to show that even with a fresh degree... it still does not gurantee you a job... even a very low income one... i have learnt so much in this job tho.. hopefully it can help me with me interview...

Keep me informed k?, good luck to us both ill be thinking of you x

7. thank you for your support! I hope your interview goes well! my interview its on the 7th Feb at university of west england primary with MFL. I decided that london is not for me! its been really hard, and my thoughts are with all the people that is going through the same situation. I've been having mood swings for the last 5 months (my poor partner has to cope with all!), being really anxious, but hopefully it will go ok! I cant wait till wednesday afternoon, when the interview its over!!! what are you applying for? do you have to do a presentation/discussion/etc?x

8. I have applied to do lower primary... i love small children, they give me a lot of surprises so want to teach the little ones... i dont think i can deal with the older ones, they can be a bit rude...(im sure your partner will understand...) i am driving my partner mad recently... i have been getting stressed too with all this worrying and having to go work 6 days a week. havent really has the time to prepare...

Make sure you revise some questions before hand... it should help...and remember the smile always help..

x

9. The letter i got didnt say to prepare anything... it just said a half hour group introduction to the college and its programmes, then a one to one 25min interview with a selection tutor... hopefully they wont get me to do written tests and maths tests... i dont want to mess up...

10. sjoanneliu have a look at the Goldsmiths thread - quite a few of us have posted there about our interviews etc. Don't panic!

11. I am trying to find the tread! I cant i would really like some tips, can anyone help please

12. I applied in November and have not even had a response regarding an interview yet.

13. Which couse have u applied for?

14. Upper Primary.

15. I have herd of ppl stilk only just finding out dates for interviews now! So try and stay possitive till u hear

16. Don't feel too bad about this. Goldsmiths are notoriously bad at getting back to you from what I have heard from a few people and my own experiences. I ended up not hearing from Goldsmiths for three months last year despite being told at the open day that it would take 'a matter of weeks' for the turnover period after applying to getting an interview. All the time my page on the GTTR was being updated to 'rejected' just because the time limit for Goldsmiths to reply had passed-and I heard nothing from the university itself- which resulted in frantic calls to find out what was going on. Don't be surprised if you don't hear anything for a while-they will get back to you eventually.