1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone having a baby in December???

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by kate050184, Aug 8, 2011.

1. I have been on other Mum sights but them not being teachers and a bit older than me or on their second or third baby meant I didn't like asking them much, stupid I know I'm just trying to find other people in the same boat.
    Found this forum today and was looking at the Winter babies 2011 but there were so many posts and so many people I couldn't keep track so thought I'd start one with specific look to December babies as we'll all be going through the same stuff at the same time.
    Hope to hear from people soon
    xxxx

2. I have been on other Mum sights but them not being teachers and a bit older than me or on their second or third baby meant I didn't like asking them much, stupid I know I'm just trying to find other people in the same boat.
    Found this forum today and was looking at the Winter babies 2011 but there were so many posts and so many people I couldn't keep track so thought I'd start one with specific look to December babies as we'll all be going through the same stuff at the same time.
    Hope to hear from people soon
    xxxx

3. Welcome to tes, kate - and congratulations on your pregnancy.
    Whilst I'm not pregnant, I had a baby last December.
    I hope you don't mind me saying this but although there are lots of people on the seasonal threads, quite often friendships are formed and it's nice to hear from others with older LOs what changes have occured, and equally for you to pass on your knowledge to those with younger LOs, allbeit perhaps only be a few days/weeks.
    What I'm trying to say (badly) is that those on the seasonal threads might be reluctant to join as it could mean duplicating stories/posts. So, please don;t think people unfriendly if they don't come onto yours.
    Gosh! Sorry - I sound so mean. And might be completely proved wrong! Hopefully I am but the seasonal threads are good and pretty helpful.
    Here;s hoping that the next time I look on this forum, it'll be full of people saying how stupid I am for thinking this!
    Good luck with the pregnancy!

4. I am having a girl, due date 2nd december and it's my first baby.
    Kritur
    23+3

5. Think lily is right Kate be lovely to see you over on the winter thread x majority seem to be December due dates and I'm sure 2012 mums to be will love having you to answer questions they really are a lovely bunch x

6. daisy_chain

daisy_chain New commenter

Come and join winter babies! Add yourself to our list of due dates! Very lovely ladies there! x

7. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

I'd join the Winter babies thread if i were you.
    I had a Spring baby this year, and didn't join the thread until I was at least 14 weeks, and she was due April 30th whereas some were due in Feb. It's nice to chat to people at different stages of pregnancy and get advice. We have a private Facebook group and chat about anything and everything on there.
    I also had a Summer baby in 2009 and was one of the first on the thread to have my baby. I'm still in touch, via Facebook, with lots of ladies from that thread.

8. Hi Kate
    Great idea! I have gone onto winter babies thread once or twice, but find that unless you've been there since it began its a nightmare to know whos who and what is going on! Also, it's general 'winter babies' and I'm keen to talk with people who are roughly at the same stage as me.
    Sooo, i'm 23 weeks. Over the worst of hyperemesis and seemingly now experiencing what I imagine most people to have with normal morning sickness - tiredness, headaches, nausea!
    Recent nightmares involve looking for nursery furniture to fit the box sized room we're squeezing baby into, and the much dreaded pushchair/travelsystem/pram fiasco!!
    Hope you're doing well! Would love to see some more people with a similar due date sharing their experiences!
    x

9. Hi bluecharmer and kate,
    I am almost 21 weeks.Sorry you're still feeling grotty, I had bad sickness but it gradually tailed off from 14 weeks and now I only feel sick if don't eat for several hours.
    I understand the small nursery situation- ours is pretty small too as we have the boxed-in bit from the staircase in the room, so we plan to use that bit as a changing table, already have a rocking/feeding chair and will just get a cot, wardrobe and narrow bookcase from IKEA- their stuff is so much cheaper than Mothercare etc. Thats all we can fit in.
    Are you feeling baby move much yet? I have wondered if I have felt very slight flutters at night but not 100% sure.
    I have joined the Winter babies facebook group, it is good as most ladies have posted their alias names from here, and now I tend to use that more than this board. Up to you though whether you want to :)
    Sarah x

10. Hi Sarah!
    I got a great narrow cupboard and slim set of tallboy drawers for less than £300 which I was made up with...especially since the mother care tallboy drawers were £320 by themselves. Settled on pine in the end, just need to get the cot sorted. "Just"!! I'm planning on using an over the cot changer to save space. Was hunting the net last night for bedding....so much to choose from!!
    I have been feeling the baby move lots now! Started feeling it at about 19 weeks with a faint 'twitching' (like twitchy eye if you've ever had that). I dismissed it for a few days but then realised it was always in the same place and was getting stronger by the day. Within a week my OH was able to feel some of the stronger kicks which was lovely!
    I am feeling much better from the sickness, though I still feel rough daily - like a hangover. It's a godsend in comparison to how I felt at my worst though.
    x

11. Hi Kate,
    I'm Jen and I'm due on 7th December and I'm having a little boy.
    How r u feeling? What age group do u teach? xx