1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone had experience of ramipril?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by shalteir, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Just wondered if anyone has had experience of taking ramipril? I'm to go on it, there do seem to be many side-effects. l.
    Advice, shared experiences would be appreciated, including back channel.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I've been on it for just over a month and have developed the dry, tickly cough (worse at night) which can be a side effect. We're giving it another few weeks to see if it clears up before changing medication. Other than that there have been no problems.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Is no-one else puzzled about what 'back channel' might mean? I've got my fingers crossed that I've misunderstood...

4. Yes I did wonder!!!????

Think my back channel is ok!!??

5. Thank you for your feedback. Looks like I am entering a new chapter of life, with trepidation.

Last night I was too tired and focussed to edit my choice of words to consider and exclude any double entendres. I knew "back channel" is, or was, a term for direct communication without going through the public board. I'm not with all the newer jargon, is it "pm me" now, anyway send a direct message. Sorry to cause any consternation, hopefully a touch of humour might have lightened the day for some.

6. [​IMG] This is the funniest (unintentional!) thread I have read in a while.
    From reading your OP I was thinking the tablets could potentially cause problems with your bum! I even had to google what they were to find out what might happen!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I don't know why you've been put on it but I'm taking ramipril twice a day as part of a regime of six tablets a day following a major heart attack. I'm happy to be around to take them and happy that they've been invented so that I can stay around to take them.

8. Glad to have inadvertently added some humour to the day. Maybe TES could run a double entendre thread, I'm not in that frame of mind right now to start one.