1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone had a cervical polyp removed?

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by nosignoflife, Jun 24, 2008.

1. nosignoflife

nosignoflife Occasional commenter

I'm going to have a small one removed next week. What can I expect? Do I need someone to come with me? I know I can't drive (it said that on the appointment letter) but will I be ok to walk or bus it? (I live quite near the hospital)

Most importantly, will it hurt???
    Thanks for any comments, not exactly worried but not sure what to expect

2. nosignoflife

I'm going to have a small one removed next week. What can I expect? Do I need someone to come with me? I know I can't drive (it said that on the appointment letter) but will I be ok to walk or bus it? (I live quite near the hospital)

Most importantly, will it hurt???
    Thanks for any comments, not exactly worried but not sure what to expect

3. I have previously had cells removed from cervix. Just felt dizzy for a while, didn't drive but got a lift home. Felt OK the next day, just like really bad period pains - I know polyp is bigger though (had one removed under a general from womb in January this year)

4. nosignoflife

Thanks dimpled1, that's helpful.

5. nosignoflife

the nurse says it's a small one, but obviously I haven't seen it, so I've no idea how small a small one is. I must have looked freaked out when she told me, because she kept saying "It's nothing to worry about, it's very common."

6. I know but you do worry - it's someone cutting bits off you! In a "delicate" place ...

Good luck, you will be fine - and milk the sympathy !!

7. I had one removed without at my check up appointment. I went on my own. I had also parked my car about 1/2 mile away because I couldn't get onto the hospital car park. No-one said that it wasn't safe to drive etc..I was fine after.

8. "without" being forewarned i.e. the nurse said to me 'You have a polyp - shall I remove it?' I agreed and it was done - there and then!

9. nosignoflife

Thanks Kookai, that's reassuring, Did they use any anaesthetic? In my letter they say it will be done under local.

10. nosignoflife

Well, I went to the hospital today and the polyp has gone! The dr said it's either dropped off or gone back inside, either way nothing to worry about. Turns out I was the 2nd polyp patient that morning who didn't have a polyp! It did mean I didn't get a cup of tea either.
    Thanks for all your support.
    NoSign

11. I had a cervical polyp removed 2 years ago - went for an appointment to have it looked at & the consultant removed it there & then without anaesthetic!! It didn't hurt but it oozed for about 2 weeks.

ST x

12. I suggest you phone your surgery, or wherever you're going and ask.
    Loads of information if you do a Google searh. [​IMG]

13. the only number I have is for a referal booking centre (non-medically trained staff who can't tell me what will happen during my appointment.)
    I had a questionaire from them today so i think my appointment on monday will just be a connsultation