1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone got interview at ioe for PC PGCE??

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by radhikasailaja, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Hi,
    I have been selected for the pc pgce interview on thursday! The procedure for the interview appears easy with a 5 minutes presentation and 20 minutes individual interview on a selected topic. I hope i will enjoy it as its my first interview in a university!!!!!!!!!
    cheers,
    psychology teacher

2. Hiya,
    Are you doing a primary school interview or a secondary school one? I just found out on fri on track i've got an interview with IOE too, but not got my letter yet! It's also my first interview too! I am actually really nervous!!!!!! Worried I don't have enough experience, so have asked my old school if I can do a day's observation/helping out before the interview! How much notice did they give you for your interview! I hope mine's not in a week or something! Eek! :)

3. PC = post-compulsory or post-16, i.e. teaching in further education or sixth form college.

4. Ahh I see! Thank you! I didn't realise what PC stood for.

5. Hi,

Mine is post compulsory pgce. I heard from the university about the shortlisting almost one month ago and they informed me about the date and the details about three weeks ago. So I had enough time!!!! I applied to the Uni directly as it was Post 16 and kept in touch with the admissions dept. Hope you prepare well and do your observation.. you can get enough information from this forum as well as from the education guardian.
    Wishing you all the best

6. Hi,

i have my PGCE PC interview in 2 weeks' time and was wondering how did yours go?
    Did you get on the course in the end? Any pointers as to the questions they will ask? Did you do a powerpoint presentation?
    any help would be much appreciated

Thank you

7. Hi,

I have my PGCE PC interview on Thursday. I have been asked to prepare a 5 mins presentation and prepare for a 20 minute individual interview.

How did yours go? Did you get on the course ? what sort of questions were you asked at the one to one interview?

Any tips will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Bonjy