1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone got a simple set of rules for video lessons?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by TheoGriff, Jun 3, 2020.

1. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

If you have a simple set of rules, for both teachers and pupils, that you would be willing to share, please send me a message and I'll give you an email address.

Late Primary to KS3 is what I'm thinking, but anything really that isn't pages long!

Many thanks

2. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Rules for production or for viewing?

3. emerald52

emerald52 Star commenter

Going on my zoom Italian lessons; I would say use the mute button a lot to keep focus.

4. marlin

marlin Star commenter

I've sent you a message Theo. x

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Sorry, I mean some sort of protocol for the teacher giving the lesson and the pupils or students participating.

Such as students mustn't record the lesson, mustn't take screenshots of others, must have their camera on to show they are attending in both senses and not fiddling on their phones... Thst when not talking, microphones should be off th avoid everyone hearing Mum shouting in the background. That no individuals alone with teacher unless teacher is recording everything.

That the teacher should record the whole class and keep all the classes as evidence...

Or not , as your school thinks.

Thanks

6. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

When you mentioned 'video' I assumed you didn't mean interactive, which is probably me being old-fashioned. :)

Either way I'd consider camera quality and microphone quality, especially if you're in anything other than head and shoulders view, ie stepping back to demonstrate something.

What you describe in #5 above sounds like a ruddy nightmare. I'd be tempted to pre-record as much as possible then invite feedback or commentary once they'd viewed it at their own pace, if that's technically possible.

7. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

UPDATE

I have now received an excellent document. All I need to do now is translate it into Spanish. When Prof Griff comes in from the garden, I shall get him to check my subjunctives. ;)

Thank you to everyone who read this.

Keep safe, everyone

Lara mfl 05 and marlin like this.
  8. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Lara mfl 05 and TheoGriff like this.