1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone got a Kia Soul?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by littlemissraw, Jan 13, 2012.

1. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Just wanted your thoughts on it. Are you happy you bought it?
    Having to make the hard decision that I may have to leave my beloved 500 in the UK. Want something that looks 'different' and the Soul seems an acceptable price.

2. littlemissraw

Just wanted your thoughts on it. Are you happy you bought it?
    Having to make the hard decision that I may have to leave my beloved 500 in the UK. Want something that looks 'different' and the Soul seems an acceptable price.

3. Haven'tgot a Soul,**but a Picanto and a Rio ( all we could afford) and love them- After years of cheap 2nfd handers- bills galore, am very happy with the Kia's-
    ** hopefully do have a soul!

4. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

If you do buy one, you will need to be very clear and specific when you come to sell it

5. littlemissraw

[​IMG]

6. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Looked at the Soul when changing last year. I like the look and the test drive was fine but the boot was very small. It was a bit like a reverse tardis, smaller on the inside than on the outside! The sunroof was also very small. So had the Sportage2 instead. Big boot, tons of space 2 wheel drive (4wd also available) lots of bells and whistles and panoramic sunroof. My previous car was a convertible and I felt shut in without a big sky above me!

7. littlemissraw

Hmm interesting... we were hoping the boot would be quite decent for if we ferry friends family to/from the 250km to the airport. Will make sure I check it out, thanks [​IMG] x

8. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Mrs blazer has had a picanto for 2 years. She loves it and no problems.

9. blazer

blazer Star commenter

We needed to change because the arrival of our first grandchild meant we needed a car that a car seat would fit into and space for puchchair etc in the boot. A folding pushchair would not have fitted in the Soul's boot. It also has a high boot floor with some sort of storage box under it. Not really practical.

10. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Have you checked it out yet?

11. littlemissraw

We saw one one the street (nearest dealer than has one is 300km away) and had a good nosey (as well as we could). Looking at either that or the Nissan Dualis (which is the Aussie name for the Qashqai) so just have to make the trip to test drive it [​IMG]
    We don't need a huge boot (as only two of us) just big enough for luggage if friends/family come to visit. Thanks for your help though [​IMG] xx

12. blazer

blazer Star commenter

We considered the Qashqai as well but the Sportage was cheaper for pretty much the same car.

13. littlemissraw

Ahh the Sportage is a good few grand dearer over here :) at the moment anyway xx

14. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I don't buy my cars I lease them. The Qashqai and Sportage are pretty much the same price from the leasing companies but I got a better deal leasing direct from the dealership.

15. littlemissraw

Well went totally away from SUV type cars and have ordered a Hyundai Veloster!
    [​IMG]
    We managed to test the Soul but were a bit underwhelmed by it.
    Now have to sell my 500 in the UK though [​IMG]

16. littlemissraw

(pic didn't work...)
    [​IMG]

17. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

You gas guzzler drivers will destroy the Earth.

18. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Good point, but incongruous given your avatar.

19. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Well at least you won't have people saying, 'key...what?'

20. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

I've got an R version.