1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Anyone give me a link for paying voluntary NICS?

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by tica, Mar 18, 2012.

  1. tica

    tica New commenter

    I have just paid for the last 6 years Class 2 voluntary contributions which worked out at approx 130 GBP per year. I phoned (Skyped) the international caseworker (0044 1912250735) who told me exactly what information they required in writing. Duly sent that off and a month later got a letter detailing the payments I had to make which I paid with bank transfer - easy and pretty efficient from start to finish.
    hope that helps.
  2. rednelly84

    rednelly84 Occasional commenter

    I too wanted to pay extra contributions but the assessment I received said as I have 10 years already prior to leaving the UK, I am not required to pay as you only need 30 years contributions. I have to work for another 37 (yikes) before retirement so not worried.
    Do wonder about the whole maternity thing though. Anyone got any experience of this?

  3. thank you tica, i'll try that! x

Share This Page