1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone found any great sale bargains?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Spanakopita, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Spanakopita

Spanakopita New commenter

I've just bought such a pretty scarf from Accessorise reduced from £20 down to £6 and in Office I got a pair of canvas shoes down from £18 to £3.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I've just bought such a pretty scarf from Accessorise reduced from £20 down to £6 and in Office I got a pair of canvas shoes down from £18 to £3.

3. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

£23.90
    [​IMG]

4. Shouldn't it be brown and yellow Giraffe?
    I bought lots of books for my three year old niece at greatly reduced prices. Fortunately there was a young lady in the shop who could advise me of (her) favourites. She must have been all of 5!

5. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

[​IMG]

Aww, nice to have something recommended by an expert!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I didn't realise nomad had a clothing boutique. He's a dark horse.

7. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Actually, that's him

8. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

What is him?

9. vannie

vannie Lead commenter

No bargains this year - and I have looked!
    The NEXT sale has been particularly poor.
    Apparently they always have lots of storage underneath the sales floor to store their unwanted 'sales bargains'
    I swear it's the same old rubbish year after year.
    Cuh!

10. House of Frasef had some nice black dresses. Not the season i know, but found one reduced from 150 (which wouldnever pay) to £50. It's a classic so worth it.

11. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Debenhams have a 70% off sale at the moment too

12. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Sale prices are what I think things should be priced at to start with. I am always shocked at the original prices and wouldn't want to pay them. I bought a skirt in M&S for £17 reduced from £34. I think £34 is a lot.

13. missmunchie

missmunchie New commenter

I bought some lovely things for my kids in GAP, it's the only time I ever shop there. They had an extra 30% off their sale items.
    in M&S I bought a few swimwear items for 3 pounds each (they were originally 15!)

14. I bought a 3game set in Morrisons for my granddaughters, £10 instead of £20
    Bought beautiful skirt, 2 cardigans and a swimsuit in the Wallis sale.
    Haven't managed any good Tesco bargains this year apart from a Dobbies hand fork for 65p. I usually pick up some humdingers from there eg last year swing seat and canopy for £17.50! Think I missed out this year because all the back to school stuff is filling the seasonal aisles.

15. It is. Next mass produce garments specifically for the sale.

16. missmunchie

missmunchie New commenter

I was in NEXT today and they had lots of 2 part sets in the sale at half price. Only thing was that one of the pieces was missing! RIP OFF. Baby Gap sale was far better I thought.

17. I hate the sales. I bought two pairs of half price shoes from Clarks on line. I like one of them, but the other pair are not very comfortable, after wearing them a few times, so probably won't wear them again. I may as well have just paid full price for the 1st pair. I went to the shops last week and bought 2 tops and one pair of trousers from the new stock in - all at full price. (much nicer than the tat in the sales)

18. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

biba dress, for a wedding, £49.50 from £165. not too shabby. [​IMG]

19. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

20. anon468

anon468 New commenter

That's gorgeous, emily! Did you get it in red or black?
    *sorely tempted - must resist*